About Gibson Innovations
Gibson Innovations is part of Gibson Brands, Inc., one of the fastest-growing Consumer Electronics companies in the world. We are a privately held company with a portfolio of music and audio brands for both consumers and professionals, across the full journey of music: creation, performance and experience.
We love great sound quality and innovation, combining these qualities with sophisticated design to deliver the best entertainment experience. Our products – audio, headphones, video, home cinema, multimedia, home communications and accessories – deliver on our commitment to meaningful innovation in sound and entertainment.
Each of our brands focuses on a different group of consumers with different needs and aspirations. These brands include Philips, Philips Fidelio, GoGear, Trainer, Onkyo and Gibson.
With our roots as the audio, video and multimedia division of Dutch electronics giant Royal Philips, we are proud of our heritage as the inventor of the compact cassette recorder, CD, DVD and Blu-ray.
Our success is driven by the talent and commitment of our people, retailers, partners, suppliers and investors. Together, we will become the world’s #1 music lifestyle company.
To learn more about Gibson Innovations, go to www.gibsoninnovations.com
Software Developer (Mobile application)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004916519
- Acting as lead iOS and/ or Android developer. Depending on the skills set can be lead on one platform and play a supporting role across the other (depending on experience)
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle –concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support
- Working directly with developers and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and realize products
- Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects
- Working along the web developers to create and maintain a robust framework to support the apps
- Working with the front end developers to build the interface with focus on usability features
- Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences
- Standardizing the platform and in some cases apps to deliver across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort
- Optimizing performance for the apps
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Proven 3 years of commercial mobile app development experience
- Published examples of mobile applications on the App store or the Android market
- Excellent knowledge in information architecture, human computer interaction and usability design principles
- A track record of delivering successful consumer and or business products
- Ability to use analytic data and user testing to inform design decision
- A passion for new consumer technology and the emerging media landscape
- Familiar and comfortable with software configuration management tools such as JIRA, GIT, Jenkins and Appium
- Ability to multi task and good time management skills
- Ability to work on their own and as a part of the team
- Excellent scoping and estimation skills
- Excellent testing/ QA skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to liaise with various departments locally and internationally
- Entrepreneurial mindset