Harmonic is a leading provider of video delivery solutions to broadcast, cable, satellite, Internet, mobile and telco video service providers worldwide.
Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) is headquartered in San Jose, California. The Company’s customers, including many of the world’s largest communications providers, deliver services in virtually every country.
Visit www.harmonicinc.com for more information.
Software Development Engineer in Test
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004922277
We are seeking candidates with strong desire and ability to learn and work with highly complex systems. You will be learning about distributed systems, network management, feature rich devices, video, audio & data services, Client/Server products, broadcast and mobile streaming, and related standards and specifications.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop, execute, analyze and document software test plans, procedures and test cases.
- Write test scripts and test tools.
- Automate existing and create new test cases.
- Analyze test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action.
- File bugs found during testing and automation.
- Research new technologies, tools and frameworks.
- Manual testing of the products as part of the initial release and add test cases to the automation after the completion of the tests.
- Consult with development engineers in resolution of problems.
- Working with teams based in San Francisco, France and Hong Kong.
Skills & Qualifications
- OOP and design skills and experience
- Fast learner of complex technologies
- Good reasoning in trouble shooting software bugs
- Able to embrace challenging assignments and develop new approaches with minimum supervision.
- Able to work independently on assigned tasks as well as being a team player on group projects.
Preferred Experience (one or more of the followings is highly desirable)
- Video standard and compliance tooks
- Mobile Video systems – Encoding, delivery and playback
- OTT streaming protocols - HLS, SS and DASH
- Knowledge of MPEG, H.264/AVC, HEVC
- Experience in API level testing
- Understanding of SQL and basic networking like sockets, SOAP and REST interfaces.
- Extensive Windows Operating System knowledge : Setup, Troubleshooting, Configuration, Registry, etc.
- Cloud based software development and testing
- Agile development experience
- BS or above in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field. MS a strong plus.
Document we need :
1) Your resume
2) Your university transcript
This will help us to understand where your strength is so as to better match you to the respective project and team.
- Apart from promising career prospects, we do have attractive remuneration package for you, including but not limited to 5-day work week, Group Life & Medical Insurance, MPF, Employee Stock Purchase Plan and a wonderful working environment, etc..
*** Come join us now! ***
Harmonic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personal data collected will be treated in strict confidence and for recruitment purpose only.