Hong Kong Education City Limited (HKEdCity) is a wholly-owned company of the Government of HKSAR. Our portal, www.hkedcity.net, is a one-stop professional educational portal in Hong Kong which incorporates information, resources, interactive communities and online services, and promotes the use of information technology (I.T.) in improving the effectiveness of teaching and learning. We are now looking for a high caliber professional to join our dynamic team in the following position.
Software Engineer (5-day workweek)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004834757
Employer Ref. SE201609-01
- To design and implement Web based application and services;
- To assist in system, database and architectural design according to project requirements;
- To assist in program testing and deployment of systems;
- To provide various technical and programming support to the project team;
- Take up ad-hoc duties as required.
- University Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in software system development;
- Able to perform system analysis and design process;
- Good knowledge in Web based development technologies, preferably in XML, CSS, HTML5 and Ajax;
- Knowledge in learning management system will be an advantage;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently;
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese;
- Team player and positive can-do attitude;
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Assistant Software Engineer.
We offer 5-day workweek, attractive remuneration and fringe benefits (Medical, Dental and Life Insurance, Employer MPF Voluntary Contribution, and Performance Incentive) to the right candidate. Interested parties looking for a promising career, please send your application letter and resume stating your academic result in public examination(s) and expected salary by clicking Apply Now on or before 27 October 2016.
Personal data provided will be used strictly for recruitment and other employment-related purposes. Details of the Personal Information Collection Statement - Recruitment of the Company can be found at http://www.hkedcity.net/hq/recruit/statement.php?chg_lang=1.
Applicants please submit one application for each post. Applicants not invited for interview after 8 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. The Company reserves the right not to fill the post(s).