About Gibson Innovations
Gibson Innovations is part of Gibson Brands, Inc., one of the fastest-growing Consumer Electronics companies in the world. We are a privately held company with a portfolio of music and audio brands for both consumers and professionals, across the full journey of music: creation, performance and experience.
We love great sound quality and innovation, combining these qualities with sophisticated design to deliver the best entertainment experience. Our products – audio, headphones, video, home cinema, multimedia, home communications and accessories – deliver on our commitment to meaningful innovation in sound and entertainment.
Each of our brands focuses on a different group of consumers with different needs and aspirations. These brands include Philips, Philips Fidelio, GoGear, Trainer, Onkyo and Gibson.
With our roots as the audio, video and multimedia division of Dutch electronics giant Royal Philips, we are proud of our heritage as the inventor of the compact cassette recorder, CD, DVD and Blu-ray.
Our success is driven by the talent and commitment of our people, retailers, partners, suppliers and investors. Together, we will become the world’s #1 music lifestyle company.
To learn more about Gibson Innovations, go to www.gibsoninnovations.com
Software Engineer (Embedded)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004916548
- Acting as lead embedded software developer. Depending on the skills set can be lead on one platform and play a supporting role across the other (depending on experience)
- Deliver across the entire software development life cycle –concept, design, debug, build, integration, system test, release and support
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Manage third party and open source software
- Analyze and review system software architecture from suppliers to ensure alignment with commercial and customer requirements
- Work with cross-functional groups to develop interoperability interfaces across architectures and region specific subsystems and translate into subsystem level requirements.
- Validates software deliverables to safeguard product quality meeting system requirements.
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Solid coding experience in C and C++
- At least 3 years solid embedded software driver development and system integration experience
- Familiar with embedded Linux and RTOS
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interface and hardware system
- Able to read schematics and SOC data sheets
- Familiar and comfortable with software configuration management tools such as JIRA, SVN, Jenkins
- Familiar with Bluetooth and Wifi protocol and driver is a bonus
- Software architect experience in consumer electronic products is a bonus
- Strong communication and presentation skills with high proficiency in both written and spoken English and Putonghua
- Entrepreneurial mindset