Software Manager - Traffic Control and Surveillance System (TCSS) (Ref: HRD-R198-16-JD)
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004832686
Employer Ref. HRD-R198-16-JD
The demand for mobility is growing all over the world. Transporting people and goods to all corners of the earth presents challenges for the infrastructure of national economies. This applies, in particular, to the transport and logistics facilities of cities: Will cities be able to solve the problems caused by increasing road traffic? Can public transportation help them avoid total gridlock? How can railway operators increase the efficiency and safety of their systems? How can rail and road traffic be integrated? How can logistics supply chains be further optimized as freight volumes continue to increase steadily?
The Mobility Division provides answers to all of these questions with its comprehensive portfolio; because modern, interconnected and IT-based mobility is the core competency of its five business units: Mobility Management, Turnkey Projects & Electrification, Mainline Transport, Urban Transport and Customer Services. They have the know-how to make road traffic flow more smoothly and quickly, make trains more environmentally friendly and efficient, make train schedules and freight shipments more reliable. We work with our customers to develop optimal solutions to help overcome their challenges.
We are looking for professional people who want to work on these challenges.
The Software Manager will lead the Software design of a Major Intelligent Traffic Control and Surveillance System project. This role will be full-time dedicated to the project.
- Responsible for the Central system software design of the Project to the ‘as sold’ specification, meeting the project objectives within the agreed timescales and budget
- Detail Central System software design and Manual System Fallback system design
- Software interfaces design from Central Control System to all field equipment and between sub-systems
- Software interfaces design with external systems
- Coordination with core project team members for implementation of all system software design related activities
- Ensure compliance with local law, Health & Safety statutory obligations and company rules.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the Client throughout the project life-cycle.
- Coordinate system software design activities with Customer and the Engineer
- Planning, organization and coordination of technical workshops with Customer and the Engineer and all stockholders.
- Coordination of system design submission and customer approval;
- Coordination of Factory Acceptance Tests and Site Acceptance Tests.
- Monitoring of system software design activities, costs and quality.
Individuals who meet the following requirements or possess the equivalent combination of competence and experience are invited to apply:
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
- Fourteen years of post qualification experience in system software design on traffic control and surveillance systems
- Fluent in English
- Solid system software design skills on large scale WinCC OA based system with interfacing to numerous sub-systems.
- Solid system software interface design skill to external systems
- Ability to coordinate with all sub-system suppliers on software interface issues
- Management of compliance with local law, Health & Safety statutory obligations and company rules.
- Ability to anticipate problems and to take mitigating actions in advance of the problem being realised.
- Operational flexibility.
- Ability to get things done.
- Excellent interpersonal negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to manage within an environment of constant change.
- Ability to manage the Client and to keep them satisfied.
How to Apply:
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects will be offered to the right candidate. Interested persons, please send your full resume with expected salary in your application by clicking "Apply Now" or by fax to (852) 2583-3328 or by mail to:
The Human Resources Manager
10/F. Tower B, Manulife Financial Centre,
223-231 Wai Yip Street,
Kwun Tong, Hong Kong
Applicants not hearing from us within 4 weeks from the date of advertisement may consider their applications filed for future reference. We reserve the right to review applications received for suitability for other posts within the company. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly for recruitment related purpose only. We shall retain the personal data of unsuccessful applicants for a period of 1 year.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Siemens Ltd
About Siemens Ltd
No matter what your professional goals may be, it's a tradition at Siemens to promote excellent work and to develop talent further. To stay as one of the leading innovators in the Industry, Energy, Healthcare and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors, we are looking for people from all kinds of professions, who want to make their next move.