Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is building the Internet of Things with intelligent wireless solutions that empower organizations to innovate in the connected world. The Internet of Things is the next stage of the information revolution where everything from urban transport to medical devices to household appliances will be inter-connected. Building innovative wireless solutions is in our DNA. We have the wireless technology and the global team to deliver. With a 20-year history of innovation in the wireless space we have been first to market with many technology solutions for global customers. For more information, visit http://www.sierrawireless.com/.
Software Validation Engineer
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004780168
Employer Ref. JDB_VE
Incumbent will be responsible for performing development of test case, test tool and test execution for software verification/ validation/ debug following up development of GSM/EGPRS/CDMA/UMTS/LTE wireless products, and provide validation report.
- Degree/Diploma graduate, preferably in Telecommunication or Electronics Engineering and acceptable in computer science.
- Good knowledge of GSM/GPRS/EDGE/TCP/IP specification/standards.
- At least 3 years' relevant experience in software/firmware development or validation for constrained embedded systems in wireless or telecommunication industry.
- Previous experience with test automation and generating test plan, create test cases and project management.
- Solid computer skill including C/C++, Python, Jenkins, Linux, Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- A creative, quick-learner with sense of responsibility, enthusiastic, team work, self-initiated, motivating, customer oriented.
- Good communication skills of both written, verbal English and presentation skills.