Big Data Architect Limited
Operating as a Data Science company, BDA has developed an AVC approach. That is to Analyze, Visualize and Capitalize the data for the execution and management of advanced predictive models on high performance architectures. With its solutions and technical expertise in the ever-growing Big Data market, BDA works towards providing a successful platform for its clients leading to rapid growth and high net profits.
With keen business domain expertise, deep technical background and insightful technological experience, BDA provides our clients with strategic thought leadership and best practice guidance - delivering real value through our methodologies.
Please visit our company web-site via www.bigdatarchitect.com to explore more on our business and services.
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004922293
Big Data Architect (BDA) is currently looking for Solution Analyst for initial focus on Business Intelligent solution development. This role is responsible for helping to the delivery of internal projects for BDA as well as external projects for a variety of private and public sector clients and conducting research to support the development and evolution of BDA consulting services solutions.
The ideal person for this job will be highly motivated by technical challenges, interested in learning new tools and systems, willing to dive into new domains, and able to demonstrate basic data analytical skill. Candidate will be part of a talented solution consulting service team that works on mission-critical business solutions and participate in the overall design and development of Big Data applications and solutions components.
- Develop and optimise in-application including SQL statements
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Handle common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, and optimise and tweak as necessary
- Contribute in all phases of the development life cycle.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills are required to effectively collaborate with the team, customers, and the enterprise service providers.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum Higher Diploma in Software Engineering or and relevant discipline
- Strong proficiency with SQL and its variation among popular databases
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL
- Experience in SQL-based projects and data integration tools
- Sound knowledge in the Spring Framework
- Sound knowledge with some of the modern relational databases
- Skilled at optimising large complicated SQL statements
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases
- Capable of configuring popular database engines and orchestrating clusters as necessary
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Capable of troubleshooting common database issues
- Familiar with tools that can aid with profiling server resource usage and optimising it
- Solid understanding of systems engineering principles such as requirements gathering.
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Team player with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work under pressure
We offer five-day work week (except certain Saturdays according to specific project requirements). Interested parties are invited to send their full resume with current and expected salary by clicking "Apply Now" below. All personal information collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.