Executive Connections Limited
Sourcing Manager, Low-priced Furniture - Based in Shanghai
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004992554
Our client is currently buying from Asia FOB US$700 million in furniture products that are sold in North America, Europe, and Asia. The company has two major divisions that are determined by product price ranges, markets and customers. One is focused on low priced furniture sold to Value City, Rooms To Go for the mass markets customers.
The Position - Sourcing Manager - Based in Shanghai
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Vice President and drive sourcing and negotiate competitive prices while ensuring that products are shipped on time and meet specified quality and design specifications. He/She will work with buyers during buying trips.
The customers expect speedy responses to their inquiries, and so the successful candidate must provide timely responses to clients’ requests for information.
- 7-10 years of working in furniture industry.
- The ideal candidate is currently working in the American or European furniture buying office or trading company as a Merchandising Manager or Sourcing Manager handling purchasing the furniture at the low to medium price ranges.
- He/she has worked directly with buyers and understands their concerns and requirements. The successful candidate is also experienced in working with colleagues in Europe or the United States, responsible for design and sales with a track record of good collaboration.
- Preferably, he/she has factory work experience at an earlier stage in their career development, and is very knowledgeable about furniture production and pricing. Experience handling flat pack furniture is highly valued but is not a must.
- The candidate must speak and write English and Mandarin fluently. The interviews will be conducted in English.
- In character, the candidate must be a good communicator, proactive, honest, and able to work independently. He/She must be highly intelligent and posses a good work ethic.