Cathay Pacific Catering Services (H.K.) Limited (CPCS) is one of the largest flight kitchens in the world.
With forty-eight years of experience in the airline catering industry, CPCS is renowned as a reputable caterer especially having moved into its state-of-the-art facility at the Hong Kong International Airport at Chek Lap Kok.
In 2015, CPCS supplied over 29 million meals to over 40 scheduled carriers operating out of Hong Kong International Airport, accounting for about 65% of the total market share in airline catering.
The company is a 100% subsidiary of Cathay Pacific Airways. In addition to preparing authentic, mouth-watering dishes, CPCS provides the logistics services in delivering food and beverages and other commissary items onto aircraft.
Sous Chef (Japanese Cuisine)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004921315
- Is responsible for all Japanese culinary activities & ensure the highest standard of product quality to meet or exceed customers expectations
- Supervise the daily production and cooking activities of all Japanese cuisine team associates, pro-actively contribute to the enhancement of our current Japanese Cuisine products by establishing standardization at best operational efficiency
- Establish & maintain effective employee relations to create a dedicated team of Japanese Cuisine professionals
- Lead the production & preparation of current menus to enhance and upgrade current food quality to create innovation meals of the highest Japanese character and to excel in creating character and identity with real signature dishes
- Provide structured knowledge transfer to the Japanese Cuisine Team members and train junior staff
- Ensure the highest standards of established hygiene & safety regulation be maintained at all times
- Holding a Japanese Chef role with at least of 15 years culinary working experience gained within sizeable upmarket hotel establishments in authentic Japanese regional Cuisine
- Possess a passion for fine food and an appreciation of Asian and traditional Japanese flavours
- Demonstrates sound knowledge in authentic cooking methods for a wide variety of regional Japanese Cuisine styles, creating exciting simple, tasty and seasonal dishes using freshest local and Asian ingredients
- Experience in authentic regional Japanese Cuisine with a flair for Asian Cuisine
- Experience in managing large no. of staff, high volume production, good planning and product development abilities
- Is able to be an effective leader with good communication skills in functional Chinese, English and Japanese, persistent and diligent in implementing fundamental changes to take the product to a higher level
- Have good customer service, presentation and interaction skills to up sell products
We offer a competitive remuneration package and full range of benefit. Interested parties please send your resume via post, email or fax to People Department.
Post: 11 Catering Road East, Hong Kong International Airport, Lantau, Hong Kong
Fax: (852) 2116 0523
Personal data collected will be treated in the strictest confidence and only be used for recruitment related purpose. Applicants who do not receive notification for interview within six weeks may consider their application unsuccessful.