Sous Chef / Junior Sous Chef (Japanese Cuisine)
The Hong Kong Jockey Club
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004987056
Employer Ref. MCA-F-10070019-JSC(RCs)-D
Our Catering Department manages one of the largest and most diverse catering operations in Hong Kong. We provide a wide range of catering, sports and recreation facilities for Members and their guests in three Clubhouses. In addition, both Happy Valley and Sha Tin Racecourses have numerous catering facilities used by Members, non-members and corporate organisations for a variety of functions.
- assist the Executive Chef in planning and managing the day-to-day operations of the production kitchen at Sha Tin and Happy Valley Racecourses during race and non-race days
- contribute to the menu and food concept development to continuously upgrade and enhance the food service through introduction of new products and culinary trends
- monitor food production, quality and consistency according to recipes and Club's standards
- achieve excellence for the food production brigade by training and coaching team members for continuous product enhancement
You should have:
- a minimum of 5 years Japanese culinary work experience in a similar position at leading hotels, free standing high volume restaurants or catering organizations
- good knowledge of the latest market trends and contemporary food presentation know-how
- experience in large-scale banquet / food production
- solid hygiene knowledge in HACCP
- excellent people management practices with good communication skills in English and Chinese
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Club's notice to employees and prospective employees relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. A copy of which will be provided immediately upon requested.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to The Hong Kong Jockey Club
About The Hong Kong Jockey Club
A world-class horse racing operator and one of the world’s largest charity contributors, donating a record HK$3.9 billion in 2015/16. A major taxpayer, Hong Kong's largest by far, generating HK$20.9 billion in 2015/16 for public funds. A pioneer in technology, striving for the highest levels of customer service. A membership club, recognised as one of Asia’s most prestigious. Above all an organisation dedicated to the overall betterment of Hong Kong. This is The Hong Kong Jockey Club, a truly remarkable organisation offering you a rewarding career with unparalleled prospects for growth and development.