Herbert D. Buttercup (Hong Kong) Limited
H.D. Buttercup is revolutionizing the retail home furnishings and rugs market. The Company brings high quality home furnishings, extraordinary rugs and unique housewares directly to consumers at its one-stop home shopping destinations and online.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, the company’s flagship store occupies approximately 100,000 square feet in the landmark Helms Bakery Building. The company also has locations in San Francisco, Costa Mesa, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica and (now!) Hong Kong.
H.D. Buttercup’s stores are home to thousands of high quality products featuring exceptional styles of furniture, rugs, world-class beds and bedding products. Products are carefully selected from throughout the world. The company is committed to providing superior merchandise with amazing value that addresses evolving trends and customer demands. The company’s departments house distinctly themed assortments and displays which flow seamlessly through the store to create a vibrant shopping environment.
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004779148
The Staff Accountant will play an integral role in the accounting department and be a part of an exciting retail company expanding in the US and Asia. This is a role for someone who is hands on, is a problem solver, works well with others and has a positive attitude. This role can grow exponentially as the company continues to grow.
- Prepare supporting schedules for monthly close and month-end account reconciliations and follow-up on any unusual items
- Preparation of journal entries and supporting documentation
- Provide audit support schedules for both internal and external audits
- Ensure GAAP requirements & Standards and Best Practice are being adhered to appropriately.
- Assist in improving accounting processes and leveraging technology to create efficiencies
- Assist in the daily treasury requirements.
- Assist with financial and tax audits
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Assist in the management of the year-end inventory count
- Reports to the Accounting Manager
- Perform special projects as needed
- Retail experience preferred but not required
- 3 – 5 years of experience
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, including strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work on multiple priorities with accuracy and efficiency, while keeping to deadlines
- Able to adapt to changing priorities
- Able to take initiative
- Strong work ethic
- Budgeting skills