American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. is built on more 40 years of customer focus, dedication and innovation. The Company was founded with one store, in Novi, Michigan, in 1977. Today, is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality, on-trend clothing, accessories and personal care products at affordable prices under its AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS® and Aerie® brands. The company operates more than 1,000 stores in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, Hong Kong and the United Kingdom and ships to 81 countries worldwide through its websites. American Eagle Outfitters and Aerie merchandise is also available at international stores operated by licensees. With corporate offices across the globe - American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. has built a distinctive global company culture based on our core values – People, Integrity, Passion, Innovation and Teamwork. For more information, please visit https://www.ae.com
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004999819
Reporting to the District Manager, the Store Manager acts as the business owner and has ultimate responsibility for the daily operations of the store. This incumbent is accountable for effectively teaching, training and coaching store management into a high performing leadership team that achieves sales goals, meets merchandising brand standards and delivers operational excellence. The Store Manager is expected to role model AEO values and AEO Customer First behaviors in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive Customer First experience.
- Motivate and inspire the team by delivering a compelling vision and purpose which encompasses American Eagle Outfitter’s Core values.
- Act as the leader on duty and consistently models the brand customer service standards and Customer First selling behaviors.
- Establish and communicate clear expectations and hold the store team and self-accountable for achieving all brand, performance and behavior standards.
- Build and support effective relationships with associates, peers and supervisor to effectively lead positive change.
- Lead the management team through effective implementation of all AEO performance management tools and processes
Drive for Results
- Create and manage the execution of the store business plan to drives KPI results and maximizes business opportunities to include CRM, Loyalty and technology.
- Manage the controllable components of the P&L to achieve all store financial and expense targets.
- Analyze reporting and daily sales trends to make real-time strategic business decisions to drive results.
- Train and develop team on business acumen to drive business performance.
- Lead the use of technology to enhance customer engagement and drive KPI results
- Evaluate store sales and payroll goals on a daily basis using payroll reports and tools; make scheduling adjustments to meet business needs.
- Builds customer loyalty through in-store experience, utilization of social media and email capture.
- Recruit, hire, develop and retain a high performing management and associate team.
- Teach, train and coach the store management team through successful completion of Management Development Program to develop future leaders for the company.
- Consistently assess and provide ongoing performance feedback through real-time coaching, scheduled touchbases, individual development planning and the performance review process.
- Develops succession plans to ensure career paths for all associates; encourage associates to pursue internal opportunities.
- Manage all compensation decisions in partnership with the District Manager.
- Drive employee engagement by recognizing and rewarding employees for outstanding performance.
- Ensure that the store management team adheres to and enforces all employment practices and policies.
- Recognize and properly resolve customer and performance issues;
Visual & Operational Execution
- Maintain company brand standards of neat, clean and organized sales floor, cash wrap and fitting room ensuring store environment is safe for employees and customers.
- Lead all visual directives ensuring mapping and floorset are properly planned, scheduled and executed seamlessly within allotted timeframe.
- Generate and analyze merchandise reports and direct brand appropriate merchandising moves to maximize presentation and drive sales.
- Supervise the efficient and productive handling of all merchandise including shipment receipt and processing, floorsets, markdown optimization and replenishment systems while maintaining backroom Standard Operating Procedures
- Oversees and ensures efficiency of all daily operational procedures.
- Ensure store audit compliance and shrink results meet company loss prevention standards.
- Minimum high school education or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of retail or equivalent management experience preferred.
- Good command of English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Strong prioritizing, interpersonal, problem solving & planning skills
- Knowledge and understanding of employment laws including compliance with group and local requirements
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex and competing priorities
- Strong communication, presentation, delegation and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated conflict management and resolution skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in training, sales generation and leading of functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business trends and reporting to drive sales
- Demonstrated ability to coach, provide feedback and manage substandard performance
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers and store team
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and deadline oriented environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Computer and technology proficiency
- Comprehensive training and excellent career development opportunities
- 8 days off per month
- 12 – 15 day paid annual leave per annum
- Double pay
- Monthly incentive
- Group medical and dental benefits
- Employee purchase discount
To apply, please email your full resume (as an attachment) together with your latest and expected package to us. Please click "Apply Now".
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. is Equal Opportunity Employer. All personal information received from applications will be kept confidential and used for employment-related purpose only.