Gap Inc. is a leading retailers offering clothing, accessories and personal care products for men, women, children and babies. With more than 134,000 employees and about 3,100 company-operated stores and 175 franchise stores, the company’s presence is around the world.
Store Visual Merchandise Manager
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004830360
The Store Visual Merchandise Manager will drive the visual standards in store through well thought out implementation of brand guidelines and supporting the coaching and training of the visual associates to deliver goals.
The role works closely with business partners mainly management and store teams to improve the stores Visual Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Business Strategy
o Knows store KPIs, goals performance and priorities, how store is performing to those goals and has visual plan is place to achieve results;
o Familiar with using sales report to explain product movement and layout;
o With referencing sales reports, provide visual reactions to biz needs, and create working templates for visual team;
o Balances driving sales; achieving tasks with protecting the bottom line in all resource decisions;
o Take accountability for successful promo activity launches.
2. Daily Operations
o Ensure Brand standards are delivered to a high standard through appropriate discretion for store environment;
o Drives customer experience through visual execution and optimal use of space and fixture;
o Works with management team to plan and prioritize visual activity;
o Has a 3-6 month view of the biz and forward plan for flows, markdown activities, and marketing campaigns;
o Able to drive and challenge store visual proposition maintaining brand integrity;
o Acts as a role model for service, behaviors and standards; executes the Customer Engagement strategy.
o Takes appropriate responsibility of stock management around key initiatives, new flow and replenishment system support;
o Provide focus to the team on visual priorities. Prioritize daily and weekly to deliver visual proposition.
o Coaches other to accurately conduct markdown, shipment and replenishment in a timely manner;
o Participates in new flow placement across all divisions.
3. Talent Recruiting
o Hires Visual Associates and ensures the team is consistently staffed with employees that meet the brand hiring profile by recruiting from a diverse pool of candidates.
o Identify internal and external talent and build up store visual merchandising capability.
o Reports to Store General Manager.
o Works closely with peers in and outside immediate district/store as required.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Can demonstrate visual merchandising and display skills at management level and has ability to train and coach others in a one to one or to train in a group forum
- Basic understanding of computer skills (email / basic word / power point)
- Demonstrates creative skills and ability to coach in mannequin styling.
- Demonstrates creative skills and visual understanding of layout interpretation, visual merchandising and fixture placement.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on visual merchandising skills.
- Ability to prioritize work effectively and handle multiple competing demands.
- Strong knowledge of a similar retail environment.
- Has basic understanding of Planning, Distribution and Buying business processes/tools (preferred).
2) Educational level:
- College degree preferred
3) Minimum experience:
- Minimum 4-5 years work experience of visual merchandise field.
- 2 years managerial role by leading visual merchandise team.
- Overnight shift may required.