AXA Hong Kong, a member of the AXA Group, prides itself of serving over 1 million customers in Hong Kong and Macau. Besides being one of the largest health protection providers in Hong Kong, it is also the number 1 General Insurance provider1 and a market leader in motor insurance.
AXA Hong Kong is committed to helping its customers achieve stability and prosperity through providing a comprehensive range of life, health, property and casualty protection, as well as wealth management and retirement solutions.
We believe it is our inherent responsibility to support the communities we operate in, hence creating a sustainable business via constant and considerable contribution in the dimensions of health, environment and the community.
1Based on 2013 Office of the Commissioner of Insurance market share statistics
Strategic Technical Analyst
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004836801
Employer Ref. 160001U1
- To strengthen the technical capabilities of Strategic Underwriting and Reinsurance team by implementing best practises in portfolio monitoring, actual price-technical price (APTP) benchmarking, market analysis and reinsurance optimization (RIO) studies
- Understand the various IT systems and how relevant data can be extracted from the systems
- Review and critique the past portfolio management analysis, and implement / recommend initiatives to enhance them
- Working closely with Pricing team to implement APTP benchmarking
- Develop a good understanding of the HK GI market and the various lines of business written in HK
- Stay up-to-date with new portfolio monitoring methodologies, underwriting related issues and reinsurance developments that will give AXA GI HK a competitive advantage
- Degree in actuarial science, mathematics or similar
- Preferably 5 - 8 years of work experience in in general insurance / reinsurance in the Asian market
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese (Mandarin and/or Cantonese)
- Good interpersonal, management skills
- Able to work independently
- Literate in MS Office, Excel VBA and SAS