Strategy Manager, Ericsson China (based in Beijing)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003005220929
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people and society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles. They share a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
Drive the process and lead the analysis to update, formulate, align, document, anchor, get approval and follow up strategies within a defined scope (e.g. a market unit or product area), to secure a shared view for execution of the long term direction of Ericsson. Lead the analysis, make recommendations and prepare related decision support to secure that strategic issues are successfully resolved. Manage alliances and strategic investments/divestments. Contribute to strategy process improvements.
This position will be located in Yokohama, Japan, report to the Regional Strategy Head, RNEA (Region North East Asia).
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Drive strategy development
- Manage strategic alliances
- Manage strategic business investments/divestments
- Drive target setting process
- Strategy development methodology
- Ericsson Knowledge
- Project Management Skills
- Fundamental Leadership Competence
- Financial Acumen & Skills
- Communication Skills
- Formulating strategies & concepts
- Presenting and communicating information
- Learning and researching
- Relating and networking
- Planning and organizing
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- At least 5 years of telecommunication or IT industries' strategy experience
- Big four consulting or other management consulting experience
- Native Japanese speaker
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- MBA or similar set of theoretical skills, otherwise MSc.
- Relevant industry and products knowledge
- Relevant business and customer understanding
- Relevant organizational understanding and managerial network