Support Engineer, Thales e-Security - APAC
Thales Transport & Security (Hong Kong) Limited
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004996564
Employer Ref. 1615249
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- The candidate will work with our customers to quickly investigate, evaluate and successfully resolve technical problems providing customers with technical assistance to resolve technical faults as far as possible, at the first point of contact.
- Diagnose hardware, software and network related problems and carry out independent research to find technical solutions and/or escalation where necessary.
- Logging and then transferring non-technical service issues to relevant teams, assisting with Customer Support related admin tasks, when required
- Provide advice on configuring and optimising Thales products, to ensure that services are running effectively
- Provide customers with downloads of software upgrades, product keys, licences and documentation as permitted by their maintenance contract
- Maintain and improve the support incident management software and database
- Carry out on-site installations and provide customer training
- Given the critical nature of the customer issues supported, some after-hours/weekend work may be required
- Assist internal and field teams as needed for resolving questions
- Work closely with our engineering and product management teams to communicate customer needs, issues, and trends
- Identify and champion product enhancement requests as customer advocates
- Support partner programs and events
- A degree or above in a computer-related field (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Analysis, etc.) or a similar discipline
- 3-5 years of Problem Determination/Support/Services experience. On-site customer support experience is also desired
- Extensive customer exposure by phone, email and face to face
- Excellent verbal and written customer communication skills required to handle critical customer support issues
- An understanding of the importance of customer satisfaction when providing support and a desire to exceed the customer expectations
- An interest in solving technical problems
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels in the spoken and written
- Participation in the 24 x 7 telephone and/or on-site support rota is required when judged able to do so.
- Knowledge of System Administration of Unix/Linux operating systems, specifically Solaris, RedHat Linux, HPUX, and AIX (HPUX is a necessity)
- Knowledge of databases, specifically Oracle, SQL Server, Informix, DB2
- Familiarity with clustering technologies such as VERITAS VCS, IBM HACMP, HP Serviceguard.
- The CISSP or MCSE qualifications would be useful for this role.
Interested parties please send your detailed resume with expected salary in WORD format to
Thales is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for recruitment-related purposes. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the employer personal data policies.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Thales Transport & Security (Hong Kong) Limited
About Thales Transport & Security (Hong Kong) Limited
THALES is a world leader in Mission-critical information systems for the Aerospace, Defense and Security markets, with operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees.
Building on proven capabilities in large and complex software systems, Thales steps up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly interconnected, technology-driven world.
Civil and military systems benefit from many of the same technologies and innovations. Developing these dual technologies has been a long tradition for Thales, with its global network of 22,000 high-level researchers.
With its Transportation Division, Thales provides mission-critical information systems to mainline rail, urban transport and road operators, for more than 100 transport customers worldwide, employing over 6,000 people.
Thales Revenue Collection Business Line designs and supplies a wide range of ticketing solutions ranging from equipping a line to rolling out multimodal and multi-operator integrated systems based on contactless technologies and suitable for both metro and bus networks.