Founded in 1886, The Wharf (Holdings) Limited is a listed subsidiary of Wheelock and Company Limited with consolidated assets of HK$444 billion. Wharf is active in Hong Kong and China with prime real estate as primary strategic focus. Site acquisition, development and marketing are its core competencies while mall development and retail management remain its strategic differentiation. Investment Properties including flagships Harbour City and Times Square is the backbone of Wharf’s business model.
Join our winning team and make a difference in your career !
System and Network Administrator
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004784219
Employer Ref. JB_SNA
- Responsible for management and maintenance of the organization’s LAN/WAN environment and computer systems
- Responsible for day to day maintenance, troubleshooting, and monitoring of information systems and network infrastructure
- Install, document and maintain inventory of all information technology assets including but not limited to:
- Physical network infrastructure: cabling, switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Application software products
- Server and personal computer operating system software
- E-mail server
- Data backup and redundancy
- Security policies and procedures
- Assist in planning and implementing systems and network integrations
- Proactively identify, analyze, and resolve network and system problems, performance issues, and computer resource allocation.
- Liaise, cooperate and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors, and contract consultants.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the current industry standard desktop operating systems and major applications, for example MS Exchange.
- Evaluate new technologies and platforms to determine applicability of resolving business challenges.
- Mentor and educate junior staff on the operation and configuration of systems and networks
- Degree holders in Information Technology / Computer Science or other related disciplines, CCIE, CISSP, VCP, MCSE an advantage
- Minimum 5 years of experience in designing, implementing and maintaining networks with the use of enterprise-class equipment
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise Ethernet, VLANs, QOS, routing, switching and IP addressing
- Solid experience in managing a Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy and Exchange environment, virtualization technologies particularly VMWare vSphere
- Able to prepare reports, business correspondences, procedures and manuals
- Demonstrate flexibility in adjusting to variable workload and job duties
- Self-discipline with ability to prioritize tasks in a detail-oriented working style
- Good command of both written and spoken English & Chinese, proficiency in Putonghua required
- Occasional travel to China is required
Candidate with less experience will be considered as System & Network Support
We work 5 days per week.
For further information of the Wharf Group, please visit our website: www.wharfholdings.com