Tax Manager, Asia Pacific (JBTM160829)
Avnet Technology Hong Kong Limited
jobsDB ref: JHK100003005146232
Employer Ref. JBTM160829
We are currently seeking high caliber with solid tax experience to take up the role of Tax Manager for our regional tax team based in Hong Kong.
Being a key member of Asia Pacific Tax Team, the caliber is responsible for providing support to the Asia Pacific Tax Team and interacts with other tax team members globally, to perform tax functions in the region. He/she shall provide support to the Asia Pacific Tax Team by optimizing tax costs, and minimizing tax risks & exposures to create values and protect shareholders’ interests of Avnet group.
- Bachelor's Degree in Qualified / Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- At least 5 years of relevant tax experience in which at least 2 years at a manager level in Corporate Income Tax / Indirect Taxes, preferably gained in tax practices of Big 4 accounting firms, international law firms, Inland Revenue, consultant firms or commercial tax practices in large MNCs or local listed companies etc.
- Experiences in tax compliance and consulting of Asia Pacific countries (covering Japan)
- Knowledge of major Direct Tax of Asia Pacific countries (covering Japan)
- Knowledge of Transfer Pricing of Asia Pacific countries, mergers & acquisitions, restructuring and business set up and exit strategies
- Some knowledge in US general tax rules will add an advantage
- Some experience with Sarbanes Oxley related compliance and US GAAP reporting (FAS 109 and FIN48)
- Strong project management, research, analytical and presentation skills
- Good written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Occasional overseas travelling is required
Interested parties please send your application together with details CV (including salary history and expected salary) to the HR Department at HKrecruitment[AT]avnet.com. Please quote clearly the position and job code you apply for in the email subject.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and personal data provided with be used solely for recruitment purpose. Unsuccessful candidates may be considered for other vacancies. Applicants who are not contacted within one month should consider their applications filed for future reference. All unsuccessful applications will be destroyed within three months.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Avnet Technology Hong Kong Limited
About Avnet Technology Hong Kong Limited
Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), a Fortune 500 company, is one of the largest distributors of electronic components, computer products and embedded technology serving customers globally. For the fiscal year in 2015, Avnet generated a revenue of $27.9 billion.
Avnet Electronics Marketing, an operating group of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), is the leading electronics component distributor in Asia. With its regional headquarters in Singapore, the company has offices in more than 47 locations in Asia. The company distributes semiconductors, interconnects, passive and electromechanical components to serve a wide range of customers including original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), electronic manufacturing services (EMS) providers, and small to medium-sized businesses, and provides associated design-chain and supply-chain services. More information is available at http://www.em.avnetasia.com