Taxation Accountant - Salaries
Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004916305
- To provide assistance to the Salary Tax Team in day-to-day salaries tax advice, both Hong Kong and overseas, from an employer’s perspective relating to the Group’s staff
- To assist Salary Tax Team in creating and maintaining systems for tax data collection, outstanding issues/queries tracking, tax document filing, etc
- To assist in collection of data, preparation of draft calculations and written communications, drafting tax office query letters, tax equalization settlement, income tax exemption claim and various of tax correspondence
- To assist in handling the US tax withholding, liaising between employees and payroll team and answering enquires
- To provide assistance to Salary Tax Team in handling overseas payroll withholding tax compliance of employees working overseas
- To work closely with other departments relating to individual tax compliance issues
- University Graduate in Business/Economics/Accounting or related disciplines
- Qualified accountant in HKSA/ACCA or equivalent. Chartered accountant is preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience with international reognised audit firms, specializing in US and Hong Kong salary tax.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English. Ability in Chinese reading and Mandarin speaking is desirable.
- Strong attention to details and good presentation skills
- A team player willing to accept responsibility and able to work under pressure
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Excellent spreadsheet skills
- Willing to travel occasionally
Application Deadline: 12 December 2016
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
About Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd