Fairchild Canadian Academy Limited
Fairchild Junior Academy playgroup (FJA) opened in February 2016 and is the first step in our ambitious plan to develop schools to provide a through train school system that includes Playgroups, Kindergartens and Primary to Grade 12. We propose to open our second school, Fairchild Kindergarten (FK) in Sai Ying Pun in November 2016 pending Education Bureau licensing and registration.
Fairchild Junior Academy occupies the entire top floor of the Park Commercial Centre in Tin Hau with open views of Victoria Park and Harbour. FJA has created purpose-built classrooms for children to experience the natural elements of wood, water, sand, soil and sunlight with floor-to-ceiling windows, large aquarium\terrarium, planting garden, sand and water tables, a treehouse playground and a discovery loft.
Fairchild Kindergarten will be housed in Sai Ying Pun and occupies 8,000 square feet of learning space with plans to offer programs for children 2-6 years. Working with our talented architect and designer, we are creating purpose-built classrooms for children to experience the natural elements of wood, water, sand, and soil, planting gardens, sand and water tables, cooking and arts area and indoor playground.
School Mission: To cultivate curiosity, creativity and confidence in each child through an inquiry-based approach to learning.
Teacher / Teacher Associate
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004833486
Fairchild Junior Academy and Fairchild Kindergarten are looking for Teacher and Teacher Associates who have relevant experience with children age 6 months to 6 years.
As a new early childhood education group, with potential to grow even further we invite you to consider working with us. Our goal is to enhance the lives of young people by providing quality, inquiry based programs delivered and guided by outstanding teachers. We put students first in every decision we make and aim to create a culture of caring and respect, where students and staff love to learn together. Be a part of our growing team and join our experienced educational leaders on this very exciting journey!
Our Commitment to you:
- An atmosphere where risk taking is accepted and encouraged
- Work with passionate, caring educational leaders who have 60 years of public, private and international experience between them in Canada and Asia. They love what they do and are energized by being around students and teachers.
- The opportunity to grow professionally and to assume future leadership positions in a growing organization
- Work with colleagues who are passionate, energetic, love to be with children and are accepting of various styles of learning
Experience and Requirements:
- Relevant experience with children age 6 months to 6 years (required)
- Genuine interest in and love of children (required)
- Fluent in spoken English (required)
- Early childhood education qualifications (preferred)
- Experience in a Reggio Emilia inspired school would be considered an asset (preferred)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Sick, personal, maternity and paternity leave
- Positive working environment