When litigation or regulatory requests ensue, Kroll Ontrack is the undisputed market leader in eDiscovery. Known for our deep industry experience and proven eDiscovery technology, our legal technologies solution helps attorneys, businesses and investigators efficiently, cost-effectively and defensibly collect, analyze, review and produce electronic data.
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004895565
Employer Ref. DSTAHK
Kroll Ontrack’s Legal Technologies department is responsible for the identification, collection, and preservation of digital evidence. It focuses on where the evidence is located, how to access it, and how to prepare the data for eDiscovery processing and or forensic analysis if required. The ability to handle digital evidence correctly and defensibly is vital when investigating any case. Discovery Services Technicians employ the correct techniques to carefully and accurately contain and preserve critical evidence. This includes the implementation of a strict ‘chain of custody’ procedure and audit trail throughout the collection process.
In this role, the successful applicant will be responsible for digital evidence collections, in addition to supporting eDiscovery, Computer Forensics, and IT services to the local office. An organized and meticulous approach to ensure that chain of custody rules are strictly adhered to is essential.
- Conduct onsite forensic and non-forensic data collections of stand-alone PCs, mobile devices, removable media, and email/file servers in local, regional, and international locations. This will require being prepared to deploy a variety of collection techniques while onsite with minimal instruction, possible during “off-hours” periods under high-pressure conditions. This will also involve proper media handling, including the use of chain-of-custody
- Document the collection process and observations in detail, and report on the collection process and investigative findings in written or verbal form, tailored to the involved audience. This may involve expert testimony in a legal setting.
- Conduct a thorough forensic investigation of the collected evidence based on the high level direction and needs of the client. Investigations specifics will vary from matter to matter. Help drive Computer Forensic offerings in the region based on the market needs.
Digital Evidence Collection (50%)
- Onsite work throughout Hong Kong with travel in the broader APAC region, often at short notice.
- Receipt and dispatch of data storage devices.
- Media stock management.
- Initial imaging, processing, and preservation of evidence.
- Responding to client calls.
- Media analysis, automated file recovery, and basic reporting on process and findings.
- Receipt and dispatch of data storage devices.
- Device logging and tracking through proprietary tracking database.
- Maintaining Chain of Custody and media safe.
- Attaching devices and initiating data replication and preservation.
- Labelling and sending data output through various mediums.
- Attendance at Data Centre to provide ad-hoc admin support as required.
- Training and use of Kroll Ontrack proprietary and 3rd-party eDiscovery and Computer Forensics appliances and software.
- Technicians are required to continuously develop and broaden their skill sets while on the job, participating in training sessions and acquiring industry and vendor level certifications.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- AS\BA\BS (i.e. Computer Science, Computer Forensics, Engineering, Math, Philosophy, etc.)
- Solid experience in IT support, IT security, and or end-user computer technology .
- Tier 2 or 3 help desk experience
- Exposure to computer hardware assembly disassembly
- Windows, MacOS X, and Linux OS installing and configuration
- PC repair and or upgrading
- Basic white-hat, penetration testing, or Info-sec experience will be highly regarded
- Genuine interest in eDiscovery, Computer Forensics, IT Security and Technology.
- Well organized, methodical and meticulous.
- Confident and customer orientated communication skills.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Can actively participate as part of a team and can also go into the field independently.
- Business Level, Proficiency in Cantonese and English languages (both written and spoken)
- Creative, innovative and logical problem solving skills will be highly valued. Able to tackle and decifer complex problems with minimal information and guidance.
We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package, including a 5-day working week, 13th month bonus and life schemes, accompanied by exceptional medical benefits.
Please ensure your application includes your detailed employment history, current salary and expectations Quoting Reference No: 022KOHK Technical Analyst - Hong Kong Office
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and will only be used for recruitment purposes. Applicants who are not contacted within 4 weeks should consider their applications unsuccessful.