JOS is a systems integrator, solutions provider and technology consultancy based in Asia.
With 12 offices across China, Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore and Malaysia, we combine local knowledge with an international outlook.
Our expertise in technology and infrastructure is more than 60 years in the making. Today, JOS prides itself on its expertise in enterprise IT solutions, helping customers to take advantage of the latest technologies such as cloud, big data and mobility solutions.
Thanks to the support and commitment of our customers, partners and staff it has been a journey characterised by sustained growth and success. We have transformed our people, processes and solutions to adapt to evolving technologies and a changing market landscape.
TECHNICAL CONSULTANT - DATABASE (MS SQL) (Ref.: 10303616C)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004833565
Employer Ref. 10303616C
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement.
- Perform maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share technical expertise, providing mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Effectively administer and monitor the enterprise SQL database environment.
- Work closely with senior leaders to maintain and improve SQL Servers and SQL based applications.
- Assist in creating and supporting development, test, and production environments.
- University graduate with over 5+ years in MS SQL Server Administration experience
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability and Disaster Recovery options for SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting & Integration Services
- Experience working with Windows Server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- MCTS, MCSE, and/or MVP certifications a plus
- Exposure to other relational database technologies are preferable (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Teradata, etc.)
For a confidential discussion to find out more, please call Vanice Leung 2880 6224.
Explore more about our new initiatives; please visit our website at www.jos.com.
To apply, please send your full resume together with salary details, quoting the job reference number (10303616C) to us via JobsDB or fax to 2811 2469 or by mail to the address below:
Jardine OneSolution (HK) Limited
19th Floor, Tower One
Millenium City 1
388 Kwun Tong Road
Kowloon, Hong Kong
All information provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used for consideration in relation to the relevant post within the company.
All personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed within two years. Applicants who are not invited for an interview within 3 weeks may consider their application unsuccessful.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.