Technical Lead (Application Development)
The Hong Kong Jockey Club
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004833638
Employer Ref. ISB-F-10055021-TL(AD)/EI-D
Our IT Strategic Business Solutions Department of IT and Sustainability Division provides high quality end-to-end business application solutions to the portfolios of Betting Systems, Channels (digital, retail and telephone), Enterprise Integration, and strategic programmes project management and delivery.
- Lead a team of developers to design and develop applications based on requirement specifications & high level architecture design from architects. Conduct project tracking to ensure the works are delivered on schedule, within budget and with high quality.
- Report to development manager, and also work with project manager, solution architects and business user during the analysis, definition and development phases. Define and develop Systems Requirement Spec (SRS) and System Design Spec (SDD) according to business solutions.
- Conduct system design review and software & code inspection to ascertain conformation to best design and coding practices on system deliverables.
- Identify potential area regarding software application development where existing policies and procedures are required to change, or when new application need to be developed.
- Provide 2nd line of production system support
You should have:
- University degree or above in Computer science or engineering or equivalent.
- At least 6 years IT experience in managing system analysis and design, software development and software maintenance.
- Working experience on large scale, high availability and high performance software development experience, in particular online transaction processing system, and fast paced software development life cycle is preferred.
- Min 6 years of software development experience on Linux/Java platform.
- Experience with MS SQL server
- Experience with RESTfull APLs design and development
- Experience with message system (JMS)
- Experience with in-memory database system’s design or multi-threading application design is an advantage.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management build processes, testing and operations.
- Experience with practicing DevOps in an advantage.
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference by clicking the Apply Now button.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to The Hong Kong Jockey Club
About The Hong Kong Jockey Club
838 unique Roles & 60 varied departments. 1 club. 1 team
A world-class horse racing operator. A top charitable organisation and Hong Kong’s largest community contributor, donating HK$3.87 billion in 2014/15. A major taxpayer, Hong Kong's largest single by far, generating a record HK$20.05 billion in 2014/15 for public funds. A pioneer in technology application for sporting and betting entertainment, striving for the highest levels of customer service. A club recognised as one of Asia’s most prestigious. This is The Hong Kong Jockey Club, a truly remarkable organisation offering you remarkable career opportunities with unparalleled prospects for future growth and development.