Technical Lead (Application Development) (Corp Web)
The Hong Kong Jockey Club
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004833652
Employer Ref. ISB-F-10055014-TL(AD)(C)-D
Our IT Strategic Business Solutions Department of IT and Sustainability Division provides high quality end-to-end business application solutions to the portfolios of Betting Systems, Channels, Enterprise Integration, and strategic programmes project management and delivery.
- Lead a team of developers (local + off-site) to deliver high quality high-volume, customer-facing web application solutions
- Specific activities include: requirements analysis, system design, coding, unit/component testing as well as preparation of required documentation in accordance with the HKJC’s standard processes as well as providing professional judgment, guidance and support to developers undertaking development and troubleshooting on the setup, configuration and development of web application solutions
- Work with solution analysts and architects to design and define web application solutions
- Work with Project Managers to ensure not only high-quality, but also on-time and on-budget solutions
- Work collaboratively with the Support and Maintenance Team to provide specialist help for troubleshooting, fixing and resolving incidents in test and production systems and environments
- Work with the HKJC’s System Assurance Team, Change Control Team as well as business users to ensure work is fully tested and deployed to the production environment in accordance with Club processes
- Work closely with other HKJC development teams on system integration
- Provide non-office hours off duty standby support for production systems
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related studies
- 3 years’ relevant experience to lead local and Off-Shore Development Centre developers to handle software development projects
- 3 years’ experience developing and supporting large-scale, mission-critical, customer-facing, high performance websites
- strong understanding of browser technologies, trends and compatibility issues
- strong understanding of IIS performance tuning and data security
- experience in development using HP Autonomy web content management system products, including: TeamSite, IDOL Search, OpenDeploy, and LiveSite Server is a definite advantage
- experience in Java is an advantage
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference by clicking the Apply Now button.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to The Hong Kong Jockey Club
About The Hong Kong Jockey Club
838 unique Roles & 60 varied departments. 1 club. 1 team
A world-class horse racing operator. A top charitable organisation and Hong Kong’s largest community contributor, donating HK$3.87 billion in 2014/15. A major taxpayer, Hong Kong's largest single by far, generating a record HK$20.05 billion in 2014/15 for public funds. A pioneer in technology application for sporting and betting entertainment, striving for the highest levels of customer service. A club recognised as one of Asia’s most prestigious. This is The Hong Kong Jockey Club, a truly remarkable organisation offering you remarkable career opportunities with unparalleled prospects for future growth and development.