The Peninsula Hong Kong
At The Peninsula Hong Kong, we pride ourselves on a thriving culture where innovation, creativity and passion are cornerstones to our success. With the highest staff-to-guest ratio of any luxury hotel in Hong Kong, one of the lowest staff turnover rates and some of the longest-serving employees of any hotel in the city, our staff members contribute to the success of the organisation as a whole.
As a caring employer, we foster a sense of team work, service and dedication that goes the extra mile. Join us, and you will experience a harmonious professional environment where attractive remuneration, recognition and generous benefits form part of a caring culture. We also offer our employees a wide range of training and development programmes to provide opportunities for career progression.
If you possess a positive attitude, an inherent belief in delivering the finest service, and a desire to espouse the best, we would like to hear from you.
Technician – Builders (Painter)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003005219998
Employer Ref. JB/0417/12
Under supervision of the Senior Engineer / Duty Engineers, to maintain a high standard of finish to all painted surfaces of the property, both interior and exterior.
- Carry out various painting activities within / outside Hotel in a safe and efficient manner.
- Record accurately the manhour required on work orders
- Record accurately tools / supplies used on work orders.
- Acquire & review receipts of work completion on work orders.
- Denote on work order the assumed reason for breakdown / replacement.
- Report all findings, discrepancies observed at work to superior.
- Obtain proper information / instruction / clarification to perform assigned duties properly. Under no circumstances should work be started without prior approval, as more damage and a more costly rectification may be result.
- Return used / replaced parts / items to the engineering store.
- Maintain all assigned / loaned tools and equipment in good condition at all times.
- Maintain good order and cleanliness of assigned work place.
- When working in guest areas, special attention must be paid not to cause noise / strong odour that may disturb guests. Must ensure proper attire and grooming, and provide good service to guest with smile.
- Adhere to all safety practice, rules and regulations.
- Follow all other instruction, rules and regulations that may be issued by head of the department.
- Perform other duties assigned by his supervisor as well as with own initiative.
- Properly prepare walls for papering / surfaces for painting.
- Paint woodwork and plaster work.
- Carry out French polishing.
- Use spray painting equipment.
- Properly follow fire and safety procedures.
- Formal training from trade school and 3 years of trade experience.
What’s in it for you?
In return to your hard-work, dedication and professionalism, we offer:
- An attractive remuneration with discretionary bonus
- Annual leave and statutory leave
- 5 days of work a week
- Option of MPF or ORSO scheme
- Life and Medical insurance
- Opportunity for internal transfer
- Wide range of training and development programmes
Please quote the above job reference number and send your full resume with present and expected salary to
Director of Human Resources
The Peninsula Hong Kong
Salisbury Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel: 2696 6800 Fax: 2696 6810 by clicking 'Apply Now'.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Applicants who do not hear from us within one month may consider their application unsuccessful.
Personal data of an unsuccessful applicant will be destroyed within three months.