Kia Ora Communications Limited
Kia Ora Communications Ltd. is a Hong Kong based public affairs consultancy. Our major clients include educational bodies and government departments, both in Hong Kong and overseas. We develop themed education curricula and study projects for educational bodies, and work on various corporate and marketing communication assignments for a variety of clients.
On behalf of a public organization client, we are looking for ONE temporary publicity assistants to assist with the promotion of a scheme (e.g. preparing PPT presentation files, drafting newsletters and answering enquiries with proper manner), and provide support for an outreach programme (e.g. visiting and promoting the scheme to the vehicle mechanics and the owners of the vehicle maintenance workshops). The successful candidates will work full-time at the client’s office in Kowloon Bay and conduct outreach visits at various locations in Hong Kong. Fluent Cantonese, English and Putonghua speaking and writing ability is a must. Candidates outside Hong Kong, or those with no fluent Cantonese/ Chinese capabilities need not apply.
Temporary Publicity Assistant (5-day work week)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004918171
- To assist in promoting a registration scheme to the vehicle mechanics and the owners of the vehicle maintenance workshops in Hong Kong.
- To liaise pro-actively with the mechanics and the owners of the vehicle maintenance workshops both before and after the visits.
- To provide assistance to the mechanics and the owners of the vehicle maintenance workshops during registration (e.g. assist them to fill in the application on site).
- To perform other publicity duties such as preparing presentation materials, reports and collaterals, writing, supporting or organising events as assigned by the client and PR Manager from time to time.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be graduate with a recognised degree/ associate degree/ higher diploma. Candidates with either arts or science background may apply. Academic qualifications in journalism, mechanical engineering and environmental science will be an added advantage.
- At least 1 year relevant working experience; candidates with previous experience in working as a population census enumerator, and/or experience in assisting at the legislation or council election, and/or experience in similar outreach promotional projects are preferred.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (including spoken English, Cantonese and Putonghua that is sufficiently fluent for delivering presentations).
- Have hands-on working knowledge of office automation software application systems, including Chinese and English word-processing, database processing, as well as spreadsheet and presentation applications.
- Have good work ethics including consistent punctuality, a strong sense of responsibility and commitment, the ability to plan and implement and follow-up things thoroughly, and the ability to work professionally and independently with minimum supervision.
- Good people skills and presentation skills; good language skills; good team player; good telephone manner and social skills; attention to detail.
Successful candidates have to pass a language test (written Chinese and English, and spoken Putonghua and English), a computer test (both Chinese and English word-processing, use of PowerPoint and Excel spreadsheet) and interviews.
Language tests and interviews are happening between between November 30 and December 2, and suitable candidates are expected to start work on December 5. Those who are not immediately available need not apply. Contract is 2 months, with a possibility to transfer to a regular position within the company.
The office is in Kowloon Baybut please expect to carry out outreach visits all over Hong Kong at least four days a week (transportation will be provided by the Company). Office hours are from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm for Mondays to Fridays. Starting salary is 9.5K-10.5K, depends on qualifications and experience. Interested parties please email resume with current and salary expected by clicking 'Apply Now' as soon as possible.