Temporary Valuation System Transformation Programme Manager (6 months' contract)
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004992482
Employer Ref. 1611948
"Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations."
The successful candidate will be accountable to Core VST Program Lead and to Asia business sponsors for the verall successful delivery of Asia within approved budget, scope and schedule, foster effective collaborations and partnership between Core team and Asia Division, and, building high performing delivery teams and workstreams.
- Track overall progress of delivery according to approved business case and assist Asia business sponsors to quantify benefits realization.
- Escalate Asia issues as appropriate and recommend resolution.
- Ensure governance structure and program office responsibilities with committed ownership of planned activities and deliverables.
- Proactively collaborate with VST Core team and keep Divisional Finance leaders appraised of progress on schedule, budget, issues resolution and risk mitigation plans.
- Liaise and work with Group/VST Core team and Asia Division’s Finance function to ensure Asia’s VST operating model is 1) aligned with Manulife Group-wide’s VST model, and 2) suited to Asia Division’s needs and requirements.
- Support workstream leads and country delivery project managers in resolving conflicts to ensure harmonized teamwork and effective collaboration with business and technology partners.
- Provide expense information to Core VST Program Lead and Asia business sponsors for project budget tracking.
- Represent and champion the VST program to Division management and staff.
- Build a high performing team and cultivate collaborative teamwork culture.
- 15+ years of experience, if possible in large complex transformational initiatives.
- Exposure to technology which supports finance operations.
- Thorough appreciation and knowledge of finance activities and Shared Service Centres/Centres of Excellence, particularly in the Asian markets.
- Self-starter with demonstrated influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong managerial skills required to direct staff in a wide variety of tasks.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong project management skills, managing large size projects with high visibility and across various lines of business and disciplines.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group providing forward-thinking solutions to help people with their big financial decisions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2014, we had 28,000 employees, 58,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving 20 million customers. At the end of June 2015, we had $883 billion (US$708 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made more than $22 billion in benefits, interest and other payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong. Follow Manulife on Twitter @ManulifeNews or visit www.manulife.com or www.johnhancock.com.
About Manulife Financial
See Job Description