Frontier Silicon is the world’s leading supplier of technology solutions for digital radio and smart audio devices.
The company is the clear market leader in the provision of solutions for consumer DAB digital radios - with customers including Sony, Philips, Pure, Panasonic, Roberts, Grundig, Bose, Bang & Olufsen and several major retailer own-brands.
Frontier has used the experience and expertise gained in DAB radio to expand first into Internet radio and subsequently into the broader world of Wi-Fi enabled speakers ("smart audio"). In June 2015, the company announced it was working with Google to introduce a Google Cast-enabled smart audio solution which is due to come to market in mid-2016.
Frontier Silicon was founded in 2001. The company is headquartered in London, with engineering, sales and operations teams in Cambridge, Timisoara (Romania), Hong Kong, and Shenzhen.
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004997476
- Perform functional, stability and performance testing on multiple customer platforms, CE products and projects
- Document, analyse and track defects, re-tests and draft test spec
- Review routine project and complete test report and documentation for application
- Provide technical support to internal / external customer
- 2 years’ experience as a test professional in an embedded test environment
- Experience and knowledge of product qualification tools and processes
- Understanding of hardware and software development processes
- Awareness of consumer product development lifecycle
- Understanding of FM and DAB digital radio technology preferred
- Internet streaming - Wi-Fi , Ethernet, audio codecs and IP streaming, setting up of routers, DLNA with DMRs, DMCs, DMPs as well as UPnP servers, Last.fm, Pandora, internet radio and radio portals such as vTuner, etc.
- Media streaming - USB connectivity, iPod interaction inc iPod apps
- Willing to do hand on testing work