Quantum Force Engineering Limited
QFE is a dynamic, high energy startup in the energy storage industry. QFE manufactures and sells state-of-the-art energy storage systems and virtual power plants that provide reliable power to the three billion people and millions of businesses that are impacted by unreliable power infrastructure.
QFE has developed a core set of patent-pending technologies that enable the safe, reliable and scalable use of commoditised battery cells in large energy storage applications, with class-leading economics.
Our team is highly international and multidisciplinary, bringing together decades of experience in the fields of aerospace, automotive, chemical, electrical, electronics, energy storage, manufacturing, mechanical and thermal engineering.
UPS Electrical Engineer
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004920968
Summary of the Position
You will be responsible for providing detailed specifications, testing, diagnosing and troubleshooting Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems which have been designed, prototyped and manufactured by the company's UPS vendors. These include single-phase and three-phase UPS systems with battery voltages in the 200-400VDC range. You will responsible for building and maintaining positive working relationships between the company and its UPS vendors.
The position requires the ability to work i) independently and ii) in a team environment with other disciplines. Regular travel to Mainland China will be required. You must be able to operate independently and be a clear, candid, and effective communicator in both English and Mandarin. You should be motivated, reliable, thorough, and excited about developing new products with the potential to dramatically reshape global energy infrastructure dynamics.
- At least three years of relevant experience on the design, testing or manufacture of UPS systems, inverters, high-power chargers, power supplies or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering or related;
Skills and Knowledge
- Proven experience in the development, testing or manufacturing of power electronics including but not limited to UPSs, inverters, chargers, or power supplies;
- Familiar with circuit design and analysis and test techniques for analogue and digital circuitry;
- Proven experience working supply chain partners in Mainland China;
- Leadership experience – knows how to manage different personality types and motivate a team;
- High level of proficiency in English and Mandarin;
- Existing right to work in Hong Kong is a plus.
Specific duties may include:
- Develop detailed, written technical specifications that clearly and unambiguously conveys the company's requirements to the company's ODM/OEM UPS vendors;
- Collaborate with the company's Li-ion energy storage system electrical and mechanical engineering teams to ensure compatibility in design between the UPS architecture and the energy storage system;
- Collaborate with the company's global distributors to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve ad-hoc issues with the company's products that have been installed at customer sites;
- Draft clear, easy-to-follow product manuals that provide instructions on the installation, maintenance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of the company's products.
- Collaborate with QFE’s Senior Product Development Engineer (Electrical & Electronics) and CTO to develop action strategies, project timelines and product roadmaps.
- Highly competitive cash package;
- Full medical, dental & travel insurance coverage;
- Uber travel policy (for business travel & travel after 8pm).
How to apply
Please send your detailed resume stating availability, interest and expected salary. All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes. We regret that we are only able to notify short-listed candidates.