CMS(HK) was established in 1986, wholly owned by the China Merchant Securities Company Limited, is principally engaged in the provision of a wide range of financial services including stock broking, margin financing, nominee and custodian services, IPO share financing, corporate finance advisory, provision of research reports and asset management. We are searching high caliber talents to help develop and take part in the growth of our business.
Vice President - Legal Counsel
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004992726
- Dealing with a broad range of ISDA transactions including the review and negotiation of relevant agreements/documents (including GMSLA and CSA);
- Advising on a variety of risk management and cross-border legal issues, in particular in relation to financing structures, new product development and fund-linked structures;
- Establishing and maintaining structured products programme platform, including annual update of programme documentation, reviewing issuer disclosure and product risk factor disclosures and reviewing disclosure consistency across different programme documents;
- Advising on sale and distribution of structured products and liaising with external counsel and regulators;
- Drafting and reviewing transaction documents for notes issuance e.g. term sheet, final terms, marketing materials, disclaimer, risk disclosures for various type of equity-linked products in English and Chinese;
- Advising on ETF-related matters (it would be a plus if the candidate has cash equities experience).
- 5 to 8+ years PQE HK lawyer with relevant experience;
- Good knowledge in financial products and services, including derivatives instruments;
- Able to work under minimal supervision;
- A good team player and well organized;
- Good legal drafting (in both English and Chinese) and communication skills;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese (including Mandarin).
We offer attractive remuneration and benefits including 5-day working week to the right candidates. Interested parties, please send your full resume including your CURRENT and EXPECTED salary to Head of Human Resources Division, China Merchants Securities (HK) Co., Ltd., 48/F, One Exchange Square, Central, Hong Kong or by email.
Personal data provided will be used by us for recruitment and related purposes, which is strictly in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong) for Applicants for Employment. Applicants who are not contacted within 6 weeks may consider your applications unsuccessful and the personal data collected will be destroyed after 2 years or such other period as prescribed by the applicable laws.