jobsDB ref: JHK100003004833914
Employer Ref. 508120/001
The position is responsible for managing and supporting the mission-critical VM virtualization desktop platform.
About the job
- Initiating corrective action to resolve system and infrastructure errors related to the VMware virtual environment
- High level understanding of end to end management of ESX hosts and allocation of resources
- Provide service and support for various Virtualization clients
- Responsible for system administrative functions to the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)/ Desktop as a Service (DaaS) support for DISA pilot unclassified and classified users.
- Responsible to support the hosting environment within a virtual machine (VM) environment using a consolidated computer, storage, and server devices over unclassified and classified networks.
- Responsible to provide, to the deployed systems, administration services, virtual machine services, directory services, virtual management services, and database services (in coordination with other operational entities).
- Maintain desktop image repository by uploading and deploying two or more DaaS images, e.g. one administrative and one standard user image, etc.
- Perform management and maintenance of VMWare server software (vCenter, Horizon View, etc).
- Maintain management and maintenance of server and desktop image, to include patching and monitoring.
- Support the configuration and operation of attached peripherals to the virtual desktop client.
- Deploy and integrate applications into the virtual desktop infrastructure
- Provision Desktops, support brokers in a load balanced environment, diagnose protocol errors, support load balancers, configure and support Profile Unity, provide user storage, diagnose Operating System and application errors, configure and support the hypervisor, etc.
- Provide, operate, and maintain Core Build Golden Image and updates associated with the Software List in support of the Virtual Desktop Environment.
About the person
- Must have 5+ years experience as a VDI Engineer or similar role
- Must have a strong understanding of vSphere and best practice methodologies related to managing and supporting a VMware virtual environment; strong understanding of the end to end ESX host build process; strong understanding of windows server management and support
- Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems
- Holder of VMWare VCA, VCP or VCAP (DTM)
- Knowledge of systems hardware infrastructure and systems software infrastructure
- Knowledge of core application systems and systems software infrastructure
- Ability to understand customer needs in order to provide excellent service
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Must have excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Robert Walters Hong Kong
About Robert Walters Hong Kong
Robert Walters is one of the world's leading global specialist recruitment consultancies. The Robert Walters brand stands for innovation, vision and leadership in the global recruitment market.
Robert Walters specializes in permanent and contract recruitment across all industry sectors and all levels of seniority, and count the world's leading investment banks, multinational blue-chip commercial organisations and innovative SMEs as clients. Our international network and global brand presence, along with our unrivaled professionalism and specialist knowledge, ensure that we offer only the highest quality of service to both our clients and candidates.
Established in London in 1985, the Group now operates across 24 countries. Robert Walters' Hong Kong office specializes in accounting & finance, banking & financial services, human resources & business support, information technology, legal & compliance, sales & marketing, as well as supply chain, logistics & procurement.
An award-winning business, Robert Walters has a proven track record of providing high quality recruitment services, and our success is further endorsed by the many awards we have won over the years.
For more information about Robert Walters Hong Kong, please visit www.robertwalters.com.hk.