Web Software Engineer
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004998016
You will be working with our highly skilled, cross-functional teams as a web developer. You will participate in the planning, designing, building, testing and deployment of our scalable and responsive web solutions. You will be expected to write clean, maintainable and optimized code with test coverage and source control.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 2 years or above proven experience building web applications
- Knowledge and experience of all the aspects of modern web development - front-end and back-end programming, working with databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), managing the scalability, security, testing, and deployment of web applications
- For the back-end side, we are a Scala shop yet you don't need to know Scala coming in but you must have solid experience using at least one of the following languages for back-end web development: Java, Python, Ruby, C#, or Go
- Experience with the Unix/Linux environments. Experience with shell scripting a plus.
- Experience using AWS or GCP services a plus
- Experience with Git a plus
- We prefer candidates who are resourceful and adaptable, eager to take on challenges, loves tinkering with things and have good communication skills
- 5-day work week
- 15 days annual leave
- Medical, Life & Personal Accident insurance
- Free company shuttle bus to and from select locations
- Casual work attire
- Free coffee, tea and fruit daily
- Multi-cultural work environment (15 nationalities and counting!)
- Flat company structure: your ideas get heard by the right people very quickly
- Diverse range of game and app genres: learn and try different projects from time to time
- Regular (and fun) company activities
To apply for this position please send your CV with position applied, current and expected salaries to us.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Outblaze Limited
About Outblaze Limited
Outblaze has a long history as one of Hong Kong's most respected and influential technology companies. From its early days in 1998 to the multinational conglomerate it is today, one thing has always remained constant at Outblaze: we are innovators and early adopters who are intensely passionate about information technology. The Outblaze Group is a collection of several companies including: Animoca Brands and Animoca (both are award-winning mobile game developers/publishers with hundreds of titles in their portfolios), TurnOut Ventures (a joint venture with Turner Entertainment), Baby Cortex (edutainment app developer & publisher), ThinkBlaze (research firm), Typhoon Games (game developer and distributor), Web Prancer (app studio for Garfield products), Dream Cortex (development studio with a huge range of hits under its belt), and other exciting and innovative companies. Some of the popular consumer brands we work with on a daily basis include Mattel, Garfield, Doraemon, Hello Kitty, Ultraman, Astro Boy, Ben 10, Crayon Shin-chan, Mr Bean, Paris Hilton, YouTube megastar Tiffany Alvord, and many more.