The Whisky Library
The Whisky Library is a Hong Kong based spirit merchant catering to all - whether you are a connoisseur, experienced collector, a curious amateur, or just simply someone looking for a quality drink. Our Library is shelved with only the finest spirits, showcasing serious craftsmanship, history and culture.
Whisky & Spirits Specialist
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004916799
The Library Group Ltd is looking to hire a Whisky & Spirits Specialist for our retail & trade business.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about whisky and spirits, and is able to share in-depth product knowledge with customers and provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to recommend products based on customer requirements and preferences.
- Enthusiastic about executing sales strategy, and engages customers in enjoying the buying and learning experience at the shop.
- Bridges knowledge gaps, and shares knowledge on Whisky and Spirits.
- Host in-shop and external tasting functions for private customers.
- Curate or organize shelves, shop front, and bar top to promote products to drive sales.
- Coordinate branding and marketing of our shop and products with press and media.
- Create and curate content on company social media and press.
- Participate in any additional store management activities.
- Develop and proactively establishes new trade relationships with customers to meet / supersede monthly sales revenue and develop a stronger trade distribution network.
- Proactive about business opportunities to partner with restaurants, bars, corporate partners and hotels on ways to sell our products to reach more customers (e.g. special themed menus, tasting events, workshops).
- Manages and maintains existing trade customers.
- Plans sales and branding strategy to penetrate Hong Kong market.
- Acts as a brand-ambassador for the brands carried through The Library Group.
- Required to work some evening and weekends.
Requirements / Knowledge Required:
- University graduates with 1-2 years of experience interested in a career in retail, and interested in wines / whiskies / spirits would be highly considered.
- For experienced hires, we are looking for 5 years’ experience in the Whisky & Spirits industry:
o Running a specialist whisky & spirits retail shop
o Manager of high-end bar stocked with whisky & spirits
o Whisky/ spirits ambassador for a global brand
o Understanding of Independent Whisky Bottlers a plus
- Strong knowledge of the Whisky industry with understanding of full production cycle from barley to bottle, regional nuances and differences in Scotland, and around the world.
- In-depth knowledge of the Spirits industry in the areas of Gin, Rum, Vodka, Cognac, Armagnac are definite plus.
- Strong sales and customer relationship development skills, including managing a monthly sales / revenue goal.
- Event management – experience in planning, executing, and hosting tasting events; strong communication and presentation skills required. Hospitality experiences a plus.
- Knowledge and talent in pairing and mixology of spirits – to advise customers on how to best consume represented spirits with food and drinks. Experience in bartending a plus.
- Experience in creating training program for current staff on product knowledge.
- Able to work under pressure, and capable of juggling multiple tasks and projects.
- Managerial and leadership ability, able to work independently, and lead a team.
- Fluent in English (including written), spoken Cantonese or Mandarin a plus.
- WSET level III or above a plus; Professional Sommelier a plus
All personal data collected is strictly confidential and used for recruitment purposes only.