Our client, a famous global sports company, is looking for a Windows Administrator to join their regional operation team. The Windows SA should possess knowledge and have hands-on experience in administrating Microsoft Windows servers, Active Directory and other Windows related services. The role will also have technical support and project deployment duties.
(HR Channel is a recruitment agent devoted to matching IT talents to careers that best fit their aspirations and skills. Consultants in H.R. Channel have extensive work experience in both production IT operations and IT vendors. This enables us to thoroughly understand the needs of both our clients and candidates and to provide true value-added services.)
Windows Administrator (Entry-level)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004835691
- Administrate and provide technical support on physical and virtual Windows servers and related services in the Asia Pacific region.
- Support or deliver projects related to Windows installed in the APAC hub and spoke countries.
- Participate in the strategic planning of engaging third party vendors to perform infrastructure related tasks.
- Roll out security related projects such as logging and monitoring and privileged access controls.
- Perform testing software prior to release to the production environment.
- Upgrade, tune, and plan capacity of Windows servers.
- Review security/hot fixes to ensure protection for Windows servers are up to date.
- Review and identify key Infrastructure issues and recommend resolutions.
- Provide a follow-the-sun support model in a global team.
- Monitor server component failures in the region and coordinate vendor site access for replacements.
Formal Education & Certification
- Diploma or above in Information Technology or related disciplines.
- 1-5 years of experience in Windows server administration.
- Understanding of enterprise-level Windows Server, Active Directory, file and print services, and other key services related to the OS.
- Able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
- Must be self-driven and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Understanding of storage systems and server hardware.
- Write clear and concise technical documentation.
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of VMware, Citrix, Storage, backup solutions, application hosting, and anti-virus solutions.
- Possess strong procedural and process ethic.
- High level of personal commitment and focus on service delivery.
- Self-starter who is action and results orientated.
- Confident and self-assured.
- Good organisational skills.