Position Summary- Business Development Executive
Business Development Executives are senior level sales professionals, responsible for researching and persuading new business leads, and implementing marketing plans for business growth. They assist the companies to acquire new customers and maintain relations with the existing customers to bring more business. Business development Executives are needed across sectors in aspiring organisations for business expansion.
They are primarily responsible for identifying new sales leads, pitching products and services, and maintaining effective relationships with existing customers. In order to generate leads, Business Development Executives research organisations and individuals online, generally on social media, to identify new leads and potential new markets. They observe the needs of potential clients and ascertain who makes decisions about purchasing in prospective client companies followed by establishing contacts with them either via email or phone to build rapport and arrange meetings. They also plan and oversee new marketing initiatives.
Business Development Executives often organise and attend conferences, meetings, and industry events to build and develop contacts. High performers, who consistently achieve sales targets and deliver results, largely work on own initiative to plan their daily schedules without being answerable to superiors. Preparing PowerPoint presentations, developing quotes, new business proposals and other documentation, to represent the company’s products and services, is an important part of the role besides producing client reports and providing status update to senior management.
Tips To Write CV For The Position
Below are some tips for writing a CV of Business Development Executive
- Write a summary statement that clearly communicates your goals and qualifications, in 2 to 4 lines on top of your resume below the name and contact details. With your job title and years of experience, feature a couple of required skills you possess, such as networking skills, negotiation skills, and strong communication skills etc. Use key words from the job description. Give one or two of numeric achievements. For example- Proven track record of consistently achieving 100% sales goals year on year.
A Business Development Manager with over 7 years of experience and the ability to stay calm under pressure and provide quality leadership to diverse sales teams. Possess strong problem-solving skills and sound sales and negotiation techniques. Proven track record of achieving 100% sales targets year on year and building a client base of 1500 in a new territory in 3 months
Emphasize on essential points in Work Experience – (Quantify your Achievements & Use Action Words)
- Make sure to reference the job description and draw the recruiter’s attention to any skills, awards and certifications that match with the requirements.
- Highlight your contribution towards new customer acquisition by providing ideas to attract new clients, and building contacts with potential clients to create new business opportunities.
- Use action words like build, develop, strategize etc.; state your experience in developing quotes and proposals; preparing PowerPoint presentations to represent products and services; connecting with clients to update them about new product developments; developing sales goals for the team and ensuring they are met; trained team members to develop their skills.
- Give quantified achievements where possible. For Example: Built and maintained a client base of over 1200 clients valued at HK$ 48 million in annual revenue.
DEF Pvt Ltd, Hong Kong
Business Development Executive, August, 2017 – February, 2019
ABC Corporation, Hong Kong
Business Development Executive, May, 2014 – July, 2017
LMN Services Ltd., Hong Kong
Business Development Executive, January, 2012 – April, 2014
- The skills one needs to excel in this role and be an effective Business Development Executive include strong communication, networking, negotiation, interpersonal, leadership, attention to detail, problem solving, in-depth industry and market knowledge, ability to prioritize, handle pressure, meet deadlines, strong customer service, excellent time management, and organisation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and social media skills are desired for this role to create presentations, generate reports, research companies, and build connections with potential clients. Knowledge of CRM, business development tools and statistical analysis software will give you an edge.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Social Media and Statistical Analysis Software
- Many organisations require a bachelor’s degree in a business field, such as a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration or equivalent.
Bachelor of Business Administration
City University, Hong Kong