Position Summary – Editor (Media/Publication)
Media/ Publication Editors are responsible for planning, coordinating, and publishing content such as articles, stories, blogs, advertisements etc., for a range of set ups including newspapers, magazines publishing, books publishing, digital media, television, radio and so forth. They produce, proofread, and edit engaging content reflecting the preferences of their viewers.
They manage the publication and broadcast cycle in compliance with media and copyright laws, ensuring that the deadlines are met. Their job may also involve recruiting, training and managing a team of reporters, content writers, junior editors in addition to working in liaison with designers, photographers, advertising representatives, freelance writers, and artists.
Looking for a Editor (Media/Publication) job? Click here!
Tips To Write CV For The Position
Below are some tips for writing a CV of Editor (Media/Publication)
Career Summary/ Objective
- A professional resume summary brings to light your key skills, and the most significant achievements from your work experience. A well written summary statement that is in alignment with the job description and contains a few key words from it, will positively help your CV get past the ATS and catch the eyes of the hiring managers and recruiters.
A passionate and detail oriented Editor with over 6 years of work experience in producing quality content. Possess track record of successfully creating, shaping and styling copy and activities to strict deadlines. Proven ability to adapt to various brand styles and keep the editorial team motivated while maintaining calm under pressure.
Emphasize on essential points in Work Experience
- As an Editor, it is part of your job to ensure that there are no errors in the content, therefore your CV cannot afford any spelling, grammar or punctuation errors. Proofread your CV several times and make sure that there are no such mistakes. Be creative in your choice of words and use effective action words to describe your achievements and work experience. Additionally, it is important to choose a clear and professional layout and easy to read font for your CV.
- Accentuate relevant experience that demonstrates your creativity, interpersonal, team management, communication, networking or other important key skills. For example,
- developed engaging narratives and collaborated with design, technical, and marketing teams for publication and promotional activities
- shared organization’s messages through well-written blog posts and articles; pitched the best and most relevant stories to journalists and stakeholders.
- managed, monitored and provided guidance to a team of reporters and content writers.
- Built and developed strong, lucrative, and long-term relationships with journalists, and other patrons.
- Tailor your CV for each position you are applying for in accordance with the job description. Give facts and figures wherever possible besides highlighting your core competencies. For example- developed and edited over 500 stories and articles per week with precision, ensuring 100% accuracy.
DE News, Hong Kong
Editor, April, 2016 – August, 2019
AB Publishing House, Hong Kong
Editor, February, 2014 – March, 2016
AB App, Hong Kong
Junior Editor, August, 2013 – January, 2014
- The important key skills for this role include creativity, critical thinking, strong analytical skills, attention to detail, networking, interpersonal, communication skills, time management, self-motivation, ability to Prioritize, and multitasking in addition to strong writing, proofreading and editing skills.
Software and Other Technical Skills
- Hands on experience with MS Office, InDesign, Photoshop or other publishing tools along with familiarity with SEO and social media best practices is typically preferred.
Proficient in MS Office, Photoshop, and InDesign
- A bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication, Creative media or related discipline is often required by employers.
Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communications, Advertising, and Media
CV Sample for Editor (Media/ Publication):
Increase your chances of getting hired. Create a jobsDB profile
Increase your chances of getting hired. Update your jobsDB profile