Position Summary – Fresh Graduate
As a fresh or recent graduate, you would probably be wondering how to make your CV look impressive without any work experience except for, may be, volunteer work or internships. It is possible to write an influential and convincing CV, even though you do not have any work experience including volunteer work and internships. You need to focus on the key elements such as achievements in academics, awards or honours, sports, and other extracurricular activities in addition to your personality traits and transferable skills to set you apart from competition and persuade the employer.
Looking for a Fresh Graduate job? Click here!
Tips To Write CV For The Position
Below are some tips for writing a CV of Fresh Graduate
Career Summary/ Objective
- Include an introductory statement, after the name and contact details, and briefly mention a career objective that complements the job to which you are applying. It is important to use appropriate key words to phrase this section and tailor it in line with each listed job as you may be open to different opportunities to begin your career.
An intellectually curious and self-motivated computer science graduate with passion for technology seeking a meaningful role to begin a career in Information Technology and make a positive impact on customer experience. Skilled at building and troubleshooting codes with willingness to travel and grow through continuous personal and professional development.
Emphasize on essential points in Work Experience
- Draw attention towards your qualification and education in the absence of any internships or volunteer work experience. Include the titles of the degrees/diplomas and the names of universities/institutes in reverse chronological order with the year of completion. Moreover, you may also add the details of relevant topics of the curriculum and the scores achieved.
- Include details of any awards, recognition, or acknowledgements which you have received either in academics, sports, music, or any other extracurricular activities.
- Think about the transferable skills you possess such as interpersonal, communication, analytical, numerical, time management, attention to detail, multi-tasking, resourcefulness, creativity, quick thinking, problem solving to name a few. Customize your CV and highlight the most relevant skills for every role as different jobs require different skillsets.
- Share details if you participated in any debates and competitions, or were involved in organizing or coordinating any exhibitions, fairs, festivals, meetings, conferences etc. at school or university level. Mention if you were part of student council. Elaborate if you were an active member by giving specifics of the role you performed. This will likely be a good practical example of your soft skills such as leadership, teamwork, coordination, management, organization etc., and will help the recruiter recognize your potential.
- Proficiency in computer is important in most jobs, so highlight your computer skills such as MS Office, social media, data entry, writing blogs, or any other particular software to which you are accustomed.
- State the level of knowledge of the languages known if you are a bi-lingual or multi-lingual. Mention interests and hobbies if they are related to the role. for example- if you are applying for a Content Writer role, express your interest in blogging, browsing, or reading.
- Keep your CV short and crisp and do not include too many details or irrelevant information. Do not use email id which is too personal, eccentric, or unconventional, for example- [email protected] or [email protected]. Make sure that the email id you share on the CV is formal and professional. It should ideally include your first name and last name, for example- [email protected] or [email protected]
- Use simple language, clear (easy to read) font, and professional format. Avoid using fancy templates, jargons and complicated sentences. Proof read your CV a few times to check for any spelling and grammar mistakes.
CV Sample for Fresh Graduate:
Increase your chances of getting hired. Create a jobsDB profile
Increase your chances of getting hired. Update your jobsDB profile