Position Summary – Graduate or Management Trainee
Graduate or Management Trainee is an entry level position for recent graduates, with or without internship experience, who aim to grow into business management roles. The position gives an insight to new recruits about how an organisation operates. Based on their academic background and aspiration, Management Trainees can work in different departments such as Human Resource, Finance, Operations Management, Sales and Marketing, IT department etc., to gain perspective.
They are hired across sectors including Banking, Financial Services, Real Estate, Philanthropic Sector, Consumer Goods, Health Care, Hospitality, Information Technology, and Telecom to name a few. Some organizations also run Graduate/ Management Trainee programs to groom fresh talent into future leaders.
Looking for a Graduate or Management Trainee job? Click here!
Tips To Write CV For The Position
Below are some tips for writing a CV of Graduate or Management Trainee
Write a short and concise introductory statement in 1-2 lines in the career objective section at the top of your CV. Include details about your academic credentials, important certifications, and work experience. Share your career goals and align them with the position you are applying for, besides highlighting your key skills and relevant achievements.
|A self-motivated Marketing Graduate with strong communication, seeking a Management Trainee position to utilize acquired learning to enhance growth of an organisation. Successfully met 100% of assigned targets during 6 months internship with OPQ international.|
Emphasize on essential points in Work Experience
- Research about the employer organisation and use the similar tone of language while describing your career objective, skills, and achievements to ensure that it echoes with the organisation’s mission and vision. However, refrain from copying/pasting the information from job description or employers’ website and using the exactly same language.
- Focus on your soft/transferable skills such as effective communication, teamwork, adaptability, time management, problem solving, flexibility, self- motivation, and work ethics etc., as these are some of the most sought after skills by employers. Clearly and effectively demonstrating these portable skills in your resume will help you get noticed by the employers.
- Add your work experience including highlights from volunteer work and internships, as well as measure your contribution in numbers, if you can. In the absence of any work experience, emphasize on your extracurricular activities at school or university level such as leading or participating in student council, organising fairs and exhibitions, representing school or college in sports, debates, or any other competitions etc. Irrespective of whether your achievements are big or small, make them sound impactful. Having said that, always make sure that you represent facts in your resume.
- Read the position specification carefully to understand what the employer is looking for, in a potential candidate. Customize your resume for each position and use relevant key words to get past the applicant tracking system (ATS) and catch the recruiters attention.
OPQ International, Hong Kong
Intern- International Marketing, March, 2019 – September, 2019
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, organisation skills, teamwork, self-motivation, passion, willingness to learn, integrity, conscientious, decision making, analytical mindset, creativity, ability to multitask and work under pressure, and adaptability.
Software and Other Technical Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is important.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- A university degree is typically required for a Management Trainee position.
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and Management
CV Sample for Graduate or Management Trainee:
Increase your chances of getting hired. Create a jobsDB profile
Increase your chances of getting hired. Update your jobsDB profile