Position Summary – IT Product Manager
IT Product Managers contribute towards creation of new technology products and implementation of new features in existing technology solutions. They are often responsible for managing the entire product life cycle from product definition and planning through its production and launch. They also process the modifications and upgrades in addition to maintenance of the product/ product line. They correlate the business requirements with technology and provide solutions using strategic approach to problem solving.
IT product managers work in coordination with technology team, software developers, senior leadership, and other internal and external vendors.
Looking for a IT Product Manager job? Click here!
Tips To Write CV For The Position
Below are some tips for writing a CV of IT Product Manager
Career Summary/ Objective
- Write a crisp summary to catch the attention of hiring manager. Tailor the summary in line with the job description by using appropriate key words to describe your work experience and focusing on most relevant key skills and achievements. Highlight your expertise in strategically driving technical product management.
An IT Product Manager with proven problem solving skills, critical thinking, and over 5 years of technical delivery work experience in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment. Demonstrated high accountability and built strong relations with co-workers, leadership, and external shareholders. In-depth understanding of modern software development practices and QA best practices.
Emphasize on essential points in Work Experience
- Reading the job description carefully for the position to which you are applying is the first and most important step to write a to-the-point and concise resume. Tailor the CV according to each listed position by using appropriate key words and emphasizing the relevant experience to make it suitable for the role and get shortlisted by the applicant tracking system (ATS) for the target role.
- Focus on any relevant and important work experience such as delivering large, complex programs and providing solutions; working in collaboration with multiple teams ensuring timely delivery of projects within budget and varying deadlines; experience in managing software development life cycle from requirements to delivery on projects including new products and enhancements to existing ones. Including quantified information and using data will add significant value to your profile.
- Underline your knowledge of various principles, practices, methods, and techniques of project management and business analysis that helped you enhance the product performance. Lay stress on knowledge of IT industry trends including hardware, software packages, software development, operating system, database, data warehouse, security, and network tools etc.
- Use simple language and terminology that is well understood in the industry, instead of using jargons and complex words. Share all the important information and exclusive achievements, that stand you apart from the competition, on the first page. Write a short and crisp CV which fits in maximum 2 pages. Proof read it a few times ensuring that all data, statements, grammar, and spellings are correct.
MN DigiTech, Hong Kong
IT Product Manager, January, 2018 – February, 2020
OP Retail, Hong Kong
IT Product Manager, November, 2015 – December, 2017
XY Digital, Hong Kong
Associate IT Product Manager, January, 2015 – October, 2015
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking; quick learning and problem solving skills; ability to build strong relationships; high accountability; ability to understand technical concepts; ability to thrive in an uncertain, fast-paced environment; excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong decision-making skills; good negotiation skills; attention to detail; and time management are some of the important key skills for IT Product Managers.
Software and Other Technical Skills
- Understanding of modern software development practices; Experience with JIRA, automation tools, testing software; QA best practices; Knowledge of user interface (UI) , user experience (UX), Point of sale system (POS), Task Management and Workforce Management systems; Understanding of key cloud and data engineering technologies and emerging trends; Strong understanding of operational technology (OT); Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments would come in handy.
Proficient in MS Office Suite with advance knowledge of JIRA, Point-of-Sale System (POS), Task Management, Workforce Management systems, system architecture, data models, Application Programming Interface (API), User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI) with the ability to explain products with ease.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a related technical field is generally required by most employers.
BSc Computer Science
City University of Hong Kong
CV Sample for IT Product Manager:
Increase your chances of getting hired. Create a jobsDB profile
Increase your chances of getting hired. Update your jobsDB profile