Position Summary – Media Buyer
Media buyers help organizations and advertising agencies reach out to target audience to create brand awareness and increase sales through effective paid media campaigns and buying space for commercials in offline and online media such as magazines, newspapers, social media, Television, and radio etc.
The role involves negotiating prices of desirable slots and advertising space with media providers; developing media strategy, preparing proposals, and obtaining client approval for projects; implementing and following up on approved proposals; billing and settling client accounts; preparing reports and so forth.
Expertise in cost estimation, budget management and ensuring best utilization of funds for media projects is also vital to the role. Media buyers need to be comfortable with numbers and have strong communication and negotiation skills.
Looking for a Media Buyer job? Click here!
Tips To Write CV For The Position
Below are some tips for writing a CV of Media Buyer
Career Summary/ Objective
- The purpose of the summary section, at the top of your profile, is to attract the recruiter to read the rest of your profile and feel intrigued to know more about your work experience. Include a few highlights from your education, work experience, achievements and key skills that resonate with the job description.
An entrepreneurial Media buyer with over 4 years of work experience in delivering successful media campaigns as well as acquiring best prices and advertising space through advance communication and negotiations. Possess strong mathematics and analytical abilities. Managed advertising budget of HK$ 10 million and exceeded ROI targets.
Emphasize on essential points in Work Experience
- Relate your achievements with the skills you possess and explain how you have used these skills to achieve results. Negotiations, communication, and numeric skills are very important for Media Buyers. So, point out how you achieved best price for media space and time using your communication skills to negotiate with media suppliers in accordance with approved media plans, that resulted in budget optimization and cost reduction.
- Include numbers to make your claims more credible. For example- effectively managed advertising budget of about HK$ 16 million for 8 clients.
- Share your experience about managing buying process such as strategic negotiations, gaining client approvals, development of branded content, and pursuing target audience etc. Bring attention towards your knowledge about cost of various media and competence in accurately estimating the size and segment of audience.
- Focus on your ability to track return on investment (ROI) and key performance indicators (KPI), as well as teamwork and collaboration by stating how efficiently you worked in coordination with Account Executives/ Business Development or other teams for development of test plans etc.
- Make sure that you read the job description carefully and include the most relevant details in your CV along with key words to get shortlisted by Applicant Tracking System (ATS). Customize your CV accordingly if you are applying to various positions.
- Use a professional template and font which is quick and easy to read. Run spelling and grammar check before sharing your CV as well as proofread it a few times to ensure that there are no errors.
The DE Group, Hong Kong
Media Buyer, April, 2018 – January, 2020
AB Media, Hong Kong
Media Buyer, February, 2016 – March, 2018
XYZ Digital, Hong Kong
Assistant Media Buyer, August, 2015 – January, 2016
- Advance communication and negotiation skills; strong numeric and analytical skills; creativity; organization and problem solving skills; ability to multitask with attention to detail along with time management skills are crucial to successfully perform this role.
Software and Other Technical Skills
- Proficiency in MS Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) along with hands on experience in digital media tools such as Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Facebook Manager is often helpful.
Proficient in MS Office, especially with VLOOKUP function and pivot tables in Excel; and MS PowerPoint
- A bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, Economics, Statistics, Digital or related field is generally preferred by employers.
Bachelor of Economics
The University of Hong Kong
CV Sample for Tutor/Instructor:
Increase your chances of getting hired. Create a jobsDB profile
Increase your chances of getting hired. Update your jobsDB profile