Position Summary – Web Developer
Web Developers design, build and maintain web and mobile applications, and modelling tools in accordance with client and market requirements. They may need to work individually or as part of a team to develop websites for the internet or a private network.
Their responsibilities may involve development and implementation of web applications on single or diverse platforms; analysing business requirements and designs, besides writing technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications; acting as a point of contact for the platform/application designs, coding, and testing issues; participating in the selection and onboarding of new team members as well as providing them coding direction and guidance, if needed.
The typical employers of Web Developers include software companies; e-commerce consultancies; web consultancies; retail businesses; government organisations; airlines; banks; entertainment companies and so forth.
Looking for a Web Developer job? Click here!
Tips To Write CV For The Position
Below are some tips for writing a CV of Web Developer
Career Summary/ Objective
- Include a summary statement in 2 to 4 lines, at the beginning of your CV, that lines up with the job description and brings to light your key skills and most relevant achievements. Use it to communicate how your experience can help the hiring company achieve its goals.
A self-motivated and detail-oriented Web Developer with over 5 years of experience and the ability to adapt quickly and thrive effectively in a fast-paced environment by mastering diverse web technologies, techniques, and new languages. Proven skills in full development life cycle and project management, with in-depth understanding of ERP implementation methodologies.
Emphasize on essential points in Work Experience
- Accuracy and attention to detail are vital skills that must reflect in the CV of a Web Developer as typos and punctuation errors will presumably result in wrong code. Additionally, the ability to compare instructions and identify trivial differences is also equally important. Therefore, you must ensure that there are no spelling and grammar errors in your CV and it contains the most relevant details from your career path.
- Your profile may be relevant for different positions which may have diverse requirements. Thus, prioritize your experience and important achievements accordingly for every listed role you are applying to and do not get carried away by the temptation of listing everything you have done in your previous roles. Keep your CV short and to the point as sharing more than what is required will most likely put the recruiter off.
- Align your CV with the job description and use the key words to get shortlisted by Applicant Tracking System. Choose a clear template and professional font to help bring out your key achievements.
- Always tell the truth in your CV and include metrics to validate your claims when applicable. For example- Trained the product support team of 8 members and helped them identify and solve issues within production.
OP Tech Services, Hong Kong
Senior Web Developer, April, 2017 – October, 2019
LM IT, Hong Kong
Web Developer, February, 2015 – March, 2017
AB App, Hong Kong
Junior Web Developer, August, 2015 – January, 2015
- The key skills for Web Developers are responsibility, self-motivation, attention to detail, accuracy, positive attitude, strong communication and organization skills, ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment; business acumen, adaptability to diverse web technologies and techniques.
Software and Other Technical Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical discipline is typically required by most employers.
BSc Computer Science
City University of Hong Kong
CV Sample for Web Developer:
Increase your chances of getting hired. Create a jobsDB profile
Increase your chances of getting hired. Update your jobsDB profile