Position Summary- Beautician
Beautician are hired by a variety of organisations, including but not limited to, beauty salons, medical and aesthetic clinics, ships, hotels, spas, and individuals etc. Beauticians may specialize in particular areas such as skincare, haircare, nails, spa, laser hair removal treatment, body slimming, and other beauty treatment services.
They are often responsible for maintaining good hygiene and cleanliness at their work place; booking appointments and attending to scheduled clients on time; educating clients about the treatments provided along with the available deals and packages; collecting payments for the services provided; documenting customer’s records for follow up appointments and treatments; maintaining excellent service standards and protocols; maintaining sufficient supply of beauty products, kits, and equipment; working in collaboration with other team members to grow clientele and provide high quality services; introducing customers to new procedures and promoting specific products and services; understanding customers’ requirements and making appropriate recommendations.
Additionally, Senior beauticians may also be responsible for recruiting and training staff members adhering to industry best practices and standards to ensure safety and compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Beauticians must be knowledgeable about latest beauty trends including hair styles, makeup, fashion, and skincare etc., and have the ability to exhibit professional demeanour reflecting industry standards.
They also require the ability to manage their time well to be able to receive customers with appointments in timely and professional manner. Flexibility and willingness to work on shifts, weekends, and public holidays is also a crucial requirement for the role.
Looking for a Beautician? Click here!
Tips To Write CV For The Position
Below are some tips for writing a CV of Beautician
- Summarize your work experience and key skills, in 3-4 lines at the top of your CV, in line with the job description to convince the recruiter that you are the most suitable candidate for the role. Include any relevant professional certifications and use numbers to describe a couple of your key achievements.
A highly professional, friendly, and customer focused beautician with advance knowledge of beauty trends and 5 years of work experience. Expertise in make-up, nails, waxing, facial, eyelash, and eyebrow treatments along with knowledge of a variety of device led treatments. Built long lasting relations with customers and successfully met 100% sales targets for selling products and treatments.
Emphasize on essential points in Work Experience
- Meticulously go through the job description to clearly understand the key requirements for the role. Thereafter, tailor your CV in line with each position you are seeking. Arrange the information in order of its relevance to the desired role. Include appropriate key words from the corresponding job description to get past the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Relate your achievements with the key skills you possess by explaining how these skills helped you achieve results. For example- passion for learning continuously to achieve professional excellence in the beauty and aesthetics sector; ability to understand and interact confidently with customers from different nationalities and linguistic abilities; interpersonal skills to build healthy relations and increase repeat clientele; clear and effective communication to effortlessly explain products and packages to customers in a professional manner etc.
- Mention if you specialize in a specific area, for example- make-up, facials, IPL photo facial, skin rejuvenation, Skin peels, microdermabrasion procedures, micro-needling, laser hair removal, waxing, pedicure, manicure, nail art, haircare, tinting and so on. Highlight if you have any relevant certification and/or received any training.
- Keep your CV to the point and select a professional template. Use clear and easy to read font. Avoid any spelling and grammatical mistakes.
PQ Salon and Spa, Hong Kong
Senior Beautician, May, 2017 – May, 2020
LM Beauty Salon, Hong Kong
Beautician,May, 2016 – April, 2017
AB Beauty and Nail Bar, Hong Kong
Beautician and Nail Specialist,April, 2015 – April, 2016
- Good interpersonal, communication, and listening skills; well-groomed with exceptional standards of personal hygiene; service oriented with passion for customer service; pleasant, friendly, and welcoming personality; responsibility; teamwork; positive attitude; ability to take initiative; motivation; passion for beauty; willingness to learn new skills; adaptability; flexibility to work on shifts and weekends; positive attitude and professional demeanour; time management, organization, strong work ethics; ability to build and maintain client relationships; and excellent selling techniques are some of the valuable key skills for beauticians.
Software and Other Technical Skills
- Basic computer skills to understand and work on industry specific software would be an advantage.
Knowledge of MS word and excel
- A GCE ‘O’ Levels and above is generally the minimum requirement for beginners. However, some employers would prefer candidates with certified beauty diploma/ professional qualification such as CIBTAC, CIDESCO, ITEC etc.
Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education
CV Sample for Beautician:
Increase your chances of getting hired. Create a jobsDB profile
Increase your chances of getting hired. Update your jobsDB profile