Position Summary- Sports Executive (Sports & Recreation)
Sports Executives are by and large responsible to supervise, coordinate, and ensure smooth running of day to day operations of sports and recreation facilities, events, and activities. They generally oversee recreation programs, events, sports personnel, participants, and assist staff members as and when required. Their responsibilities may include handling registrations and memberships including data entry, database management and monthly reporting etc.; supporting with marketing and promotion of services on official website, social media, and through other modes; handling administration and logistics for programs and events; and providing administrative and secretarial support including filing, answering phone calls, and handling customer enquiries.
The role may also involve providing assistance with the management of scheduled sports events; following through with the timely opening and closing of the designated facilities; setting up and taking out program equipment; and implementing daily attendance procedure ensuring that the instructors, coaches, and staff are available and report in a timely manner; Assisting with recruitment, training, and evaluation of site personnel and contractors. enforcing safety rules as well as monitoring individual and group activities to ensure that all patrons and staff are adhering to guidelines and safety standards.
Sports executives may also be required to fill up forms and reports as well as interact with program and event managers, specialists, employees, patrons, parents/guardians, and other participants. Hence, they require effective communication and excellent customer services skills in addition to operational understanding of facility equipment and systems. They may also sometimes be expected to work on weekends, public holidays, and in shifts.
Looking for a Sports Executive (Sports & Recreation)? Click here!
Tips To Write CV For The Position
Below are some tips for writing a CV of Sports Executive (Sports & Recreation)
- Write the essence of your career history including most relevant achievements and important skills in the headline statement of your CV, in 3-4 lines, to catch the attention of the recruiter. Accentuate your work experience and key skills which match with the requirements for the listed position using suitable key words from the respective job description. Include one or two quantified accomplishments to set you apart from other applicants.
An energetic Sports Executive with 4 years of work experience, excellent communication skills, and expertise in sports and events organization. Provided excellent customer services to all participants and resolved issues ensuring 100% customer satisfaction. Assisted in setting up over 25 special events and sports tournaments adhering to high quality standards and safety guidelines.
Emphasize on essential points in Work Experience
- Read the job description thoroughly to ascertain which of your responsibilities, achievements, and skills match with the role. Customize your CV by prioritizing the most relevant details for each position to which your wish to apply. Incorporate similar tone of language, important phrases, and key words from the job description to get past the Applicant Tracking System.
- Share if you have experience in sports/ event organization, marketing and promotion; providing administrative support; maintaining member’s database and supporting with program registration and concession assistance; ensuring smooth running of daily operations of sports/recreation facility in addition to the knowledge of international and local sports federations. Mention if you possess any certification in basic first aid or CPR.
- State your experience in designing and implementing activity plans; dealing professionally with all participants and using positive monitoring techniques; preparing required supplies for activities; and maintaining a well-ordered work environment. Interpret some of your key achievements in numbers, if you can, to make them more convincing.
- Put emphasis on job specific and transferable key skills you possess which are crucial to the role such as ability to maintain high quality service standards; knowledge of safety regulation; communication, affability, flexibility, teamwork, time management etc.
- Select a professional template and clear font to make your CV a quick read as recruiters typically shortlist a profile at a glance of 5-10 seconds. Proofread your CV carefully to eliminate any possible mistakes and unnecessary duplication of information.
AB Sports Club, Hong Kong
Sports Executive, January, 2018 – May, 2020
MN Housing Estate, Hong Kong
Recreation Assistant, May, 2016 – December, 2018
- Good communications and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently; detail-oriented, effective time management and task prioritization; self-motivation; Knowledge of sports activities specific to position; industriousness and passion; responsibility; courtesy; teamwork; and excellent customer service skills are some of the important skills for the role.
Software and Other Technical Skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications is often desirable.
Proficient in MS Office and Chinese word processing
- A Diploma in Secondary Education or equivalent is generally a minimum requirement. Though, some employers may prefer candidates with degree/diploma in Sports Management/ Recreation/ Leisure Management/ Marketing or related disciplines.
Occupational First Aid Training Course and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
The University of Hong Kong
Diploma in Sport and Recreation Management
CV Sample for Sports Executive:
Increase your chances of getting hired. Create a jobsDB profile
Increase your chances of getting hired. Update your jobsDB profile