Before attending a job interview, you may have prepared answers for questions that you can think of. But even your list contains more than 100 questions, there’s a chance that the interviewer will come up with strange questions. Anticipating the kind of questions will improve your interview performance. We’ve collected the top 10 weirdest interview questions and provided you with the best way to answer them.
- “If you turned your cell phone to silent, and it rang loudly despite it being on silent, what would you tell me?” – Kimberly-Clark
- “If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us?” – Trader Joe’s
- “Name five uses of a stapler without staples.” – EvaluServe
- “What’s your favorite song? Perform it for us now.” – LivingSocial
- “On a scale of one to ten, rate me as an interviewer.” – Kraft Foods
- “If you could be anyone else, who would it be?” – Salesforce.com
- “How would you direct someone else on how to cook an omelet?” – PETCO
- “Pick two celebrities to be your parents and why?” – Urban Outfitters
- “Teach me how to make a tuna sandwich.” – Astron Consulting
- “What do you think about when you’re alone (in the car/bus/home etc.)” – Gallup
There are no right or wrong answers for these odd questions. Through these questions, employers are actually testing your thinking process, problem solving skills, creativity or personality.
Here are some great tips to help you come up with a winning answer:
- Take a minute to think and do not look lost. Always keep a smile on your face.
- Though the question may not relate to your job directly, never try to question its validity. If you’re not sure about the question, ask the interviewer to repeat it for you.
- Apply sound logic to your answer and present it confidently. You should highlight your personality and why you’re fit for the job.
- Give concrete examples if necessary.
This article is either written or edited by jobsDB HK. If you would like to publish it on other website or publication, please contact us by email: [email protected]. jobsDB reserves the right to take legal action against any person that infringes the copyright.