Send impressive job invitations
- Use a clear and compelling subject line that catches your candidate’s attention.
- Briefly outline who you are, what your organisation does, and why you are reaching out to them.
- Connect with your candidate by referencing key information from their profile.
Calling potential candidates
On your first exploratory call:
- Take time to explain to the candidate how you were able to contact them. Be upfront about your reasons for reaching out to them.
- Ask if the candidate is open to explore a possible career opportunity.
- Be interested in listening to what they have to say.
- Give an overview of the work and the job’s career prospects.
- Sound aggressive or too pushy.
- Be too eager to sell your job immediately.
- Use generic language in your correspondence. Customise your message for every candidate you communicate with.
- Forget to follow-up once you’ve made contact.