Dear Valued Customer,
We would like to exclusively present you our latest content which we published – the SEEK Asia’s Job Promotions Report 2017. The report reveals attributes that contribute towards promotion propensity within seven Asian countries from the hirers and candidates’ perspectives.
You can get insights of promotion sentiments on fairness from employees’ perspective together with the promotion trend and factors influencing promotion across the region; some of the highlights include:
The result of the survey can be a good reference point to hirers, which you can use the promotion sentiment to improve your talent management strategies and policies.
- More “fairness” are found in the outcome of promotions over the process of being promoted
- In most countries, leadership ability, right skills and exceptional work define the key values as expected from majority of the hirers across the seven countries. However, employees tend to lean towards owning an influential web of connections and catering to immediate supervisors’ preference
- Average promotion salary increase tends to be higher in Vietnam, Indonesia, and Philippines at 20-24%.
- The promotion salary increase in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand is between 14-17%.
- 41% of promoted respondents did not receive any additional benefit apart from a salary increase. The highest prevalence of “no extra benefits” is reported in Singapore, Hong Kong and Thailand.