What is jobsDB profile?
Why do you need a profile?
Our study shows that employers in Hong Kong nowadays don’t just sit and wait for application letters – instead, over 54% of them have been looking through passive candidates in the past year* and the trend continues to rise.
Whether you are now looking for a job, or considering to do so, you can let your jobsDB profile get you the best opportunities out there for your next career jump.
What’s more – setting the privacy level of your profile as “Standard” and updating it frequently will increase your chances of receiving a job invitation by 31%*.
Who needs a profile?
Whether you are actively looking for a job or not, we recommend you to set up your jobsDB profile.
If you are looking for a job: After setting up your profile, you can apply for jobs right away with your ready-to-use profile. It is easy and convenient.
If you are not looking for a job: You can let your profile get you the best opportunities out there for your next career jump.
Once your jobsDB profile is ready, you can apply for jobs anytime and anywhere, just like the story below:
3 steps to create / update profile
Key in your latest work experience, academic qualifications and related information.
Choose your preferred level of privacy.
#Source: jobsDB profile usage survey
Tips to make your jobsDB profile better
The jobsDB profile works similar to a resume, but keeping your jobsDB profile up-to-date can bring you additional advantages:
You should include your latest work experiences, academic qualifications and contact information in your profile, highlighting your strengths and achievements to impress potential employers. (Tip: Using point form can help employers to find you easier).
Always remember not to put your sensitive personal information (e.g. ID number, full address) on online systems. (More tips)
We recommend you to update the profile frequently, so that employers know your latest employment status. According to our survey, updating the profile frequently will increase your chances of receiving a job invitation by 31%.
Not everyone can view your profile. Only jobsDB’s registered employers, who have been strictly examined and screened, can search for and view your profile via the “Talent Search” feature.
In addition to applying for jobs, you can select your privacy level of your profile in the system to allow potential employers to find you;
- If you choose “Standard”: Employers can contact you directly with the contact information you provide. Our survey shows that 60% of our users are using “Standard” to increase their chances in job hunting.
- If you choose “Limited”: Employers can invite you to apply for their jobs via the “job invitation” function. Your full profile and contact information will not be seen by employers unless you accept their invitations.
- If you choose “Hidden”: Employers cannot search for you.
- Every time you login to your jobsDB account, we will , we will present you a list of suitable jobs based on your profile settings. You may also subscribe to the job alert email, so you wouldn’t miss any opportunities.
- You can apply for jobs with your ready-to-use profile, and your information will be shown directly to the employers before they even review the resumes.
- Potential employers will use the jobsDB’s “Talent Search” feature to find you and send you job invitations.
Besides using a computer, you can also use the jobsDB mobile app to create or update your profile anytime, anywhere. Don’t wait to find your next career move!