Position Summary- Communication Officer
Communication officers are responsible for internal and/or external communication of an organisation. Internally, communication officers facilitate the communication between management and different departments to ensure smooth flow of information, such as internal newsletters, financial reports, and bulletins etc., to keep its employees up-to-date of its activities and upcoming events. Externally, they act as a connection between the organisation, its stakeholders and the media making sure that the brand is seen in a good light and remains popular. Their responsibilities may differ depending on the employer’s business, but generally involve writing and circulating annual reports and publicity material; developing and executing marketing campaigns; responding to queries from media and other interested parties; organising and coordinating promotional events for brand building and the like.
Communication Officers are required across sectors. In order to be successful and grow in this role, it is crucial to have creativity, strong communication and good networking skills.
Looking for a Communication Officer job? Click here!
Tips To Write CV For The Position
Below are some tips for writing a CV of Communication Officer
In your career summary, mention your most significant achievement from your earlier roles and key skills that you possess to reflect the requirements of the listed position, in addition to your title and years of experience. Though, the summary statement is written, in the beginning, at the top of the resume, but it is best to write it after you have finished writing the rest of your CV.
|A creative and self-motivated Communication Officer with 3 years of experience and extensive knowledge of digital marketing tactics. Built and developed lucrative relations with the media and stakeholders thereby improving brand awareness by 30% in 6 months. Effectively ran marketing campaigns to launch brand in 5 new regions.|
Emphasize on essential points in Work Experience
- Carefully reading the job description is imperative to draft an effective CV. Incorporate key words from the listed position while highlighting your relevant experience and achievements such as securing quality coverage to raise brand awareness by working closely with the media, identifying engaging stories, writing press releases and case studies, ability to work on multiple projects and so forth.
- Draw attention to your expertise in market research to ascertain the perceptions of the target viewers, as well as monitoring social media sites and product review to assess the position of company and its competitors.
- Focus on teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills by emphasizing on how efficiently you have worked with co-workers such as designers, product and marketing managers etc., to gather information to develop engaging and effective communication material including product brochures, newsletters, magazines, and annual reports to name a few.
- Focus more on your achievements instead of merely stating your duties. Always share facts in your CV and give numbers to support your claims. For example- Established and maintained effective relationships with journalists that resulted in 40% growth in media coverage, and increased brand awareness in 4 new territories.
- Ensure that there are no spelling and grammar mistakes, and use a clear font and professional layout.
ABC Retail, Hong Kong
Communication Officer, April, 2018 – August, 2019
DEF Enterprise, Hong Kong
Internal Communication Officer, February, 2017 – March, 2018
AB Healthcare, Hong Kong
Communication Assistant, August, 2014 – January, 2017
- Self-motivation, creativity, attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, networking and interpersonal skills, teamwork, time management, ability to multi-task and work under pressure are important key skills for communication officers.
Software and Other Technical Skills
- In addition to proficiency in Microsoft Office, knowledge in website and content management systems, social media platforms, and desktop publishing software such as InDesign/Photoshop, are some preferred software skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field is typically the minimum required qualification for the role of communication officer.
BA Mass Communication
CV Sample for Communication Officer:
Increase your chances of getting hired. Create a jobsDB profile
Increase your chances of getting hired. Update your jobsDB profile