About JLL –
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. As a Fortune 500 company, we help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. With us, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections and be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions - join us at JLL!
About the role
The Account Director is responsible for managing multiple local, regional and global accounts either directly or indirectly. The role is responsible for client and stakeholder management, meeting and improving client satisfaction, managing P&L budgets working with account executives and directors to ensure contracts are managed commercially to their optimum. The Account Director will also be responsible for ensuring that there is a health and safety culture at the core of everything we do.
The role has direct accountability for a portfolio of accounts for the region and may have responsibility to support accounts in his/her region/country.
This is a multi-leadership role with accountability for “bringing the whole of JLL to the client”.
This is a role focused on client growth (not just client satisfaction) versus operations.
What this job involves
Strategy and Account Management
- Contribute and execute on the vision and strategy of the business. Be the face of the business in the marketplace
- Ensure that account plans are implemented and aligned with client objectives
- Be accountable for the profit, loss and growth of the assigned portfolio of accounts
- Be responsible for supporting accounts in the region/geo/country by working with the local account teams and local clients
- Work with the Account Management Enablement organization to implement the agreed account management practices
- Provide feedback to the Product organization on the performance and gaps, if any on various Products and suggest improvements from on field and client feedback
Client Relationship Management
- Meet frequently with client real estate leaders to highlight results and present solutions to position JLL for growth opportunities
- Achieve reference status with all clients which demonstrates best in class service delivery that can be leveraged to expand and grow the business
- Proactively drive teams to prepare for all client renewals – striving for off market renewals all the time
- Actively introduce local client stakeholders to firm’s best practice and intelligence
- Unlock opportunities for account growth and work with the account team and/or Sales organization to convert these opportunities
- Work with the Sales team on new bids and presentations to achieve the Sales targets. Provide strategic guidance as well as support for bids, presentations and other similar support activities
- Leverage external networks to further sales and business development efforts
- Create a high-performing, integrated team who are committed to delivering exceptional client results
- Critically analyse account managers’ performance (account based staff and “hosted” account staff) and build feedback into actionable development plans
- Manage Account Manager rotations in a pro-active and structured manner to avoid any client disruption
- Accountable for networking with diverse external candidates to improve the workforce talent
- Work with the Commercial Excellence team on margin enhancement and commercial excellence initiatives to improve and/or achieve the target margin for the accounts
- Manage debtors in line with agreed targets; ensuring the avoidance of bad debt provisions
- Develop innovative strategies to ensure year-over-year growth on the accounts
- Work with the HR Business Partners on talent management programs
- Work with the Delivery Organisation to drive operational excellence, efficiency initiatives, risk management and compliance
- Work towards best in class delivery keeping in view rapidly changing environment around work, workplace and technology
- Maintain visibility over the operational compliances and certifications for all client sites; ensuring that appropriate actions are taken by account teams
Sound like you? To apply you will have
The ideal candidate should have demonstrated the following competencies.
- Possess at least 12 years hands on facilities management operations experience
- Commercial Acumen given our Accounts function will have P&L primacy
- Learning Agility given the expectation is over-time our people have the ability to learn new products and represent JLL’s total portfolio
- Progressive leadership experience in corporate real estate (facilities management, project development services, occupancy planning, lease administration, transaction management), with broad exposure to facilities or property management, real estate service delivery oversight and vendor management
- Extensive experience across APAC-wide countries.
- Master’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, or the equivalent would be an advantage
- Licences or certification from a relevant industry professional organization
- Get it done
Our leaders have a reputation for delivering results, have a passion for real estate, take ownership, and overcome obstacles
- Business first
Our leaders use their business knowledge and network at JLL to think of new ways to help our clients win every day
- Think big
Our world is complex so we stay laser focused on the big picture and simplify the complex so we can solve the most challenging problems
- Drive Change
Our leaders thrive on change. Using their curiosity to learn and digital drive, they take risks that drive our business forward
- Help Others
Every day we help each other and our clients succeed by caring sincerely and collaborating
Leaders at JLL create ambitious visions and strategies and energize their peers and teams to bring those visions to life
- Anticipates and understands the emerging needs of clients
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Leads by example and instils strong client focus throughout the organization
New Business Development
- Leader in sales orientation and ability to solicit new pursuits, skilfully negotiate pursuits that result in mutual interests and build solid business relationships to generate new and on-going business growth
- Support pursuits within the by providing operational input to the Sales team, and attending new business pursuit strategy meetings, and client pitches
- Lead competitive new business negotiations and contract renewals in partnership with the Sales team
Nuture & Develop Great Teams
- Personal leadership - inspires trust, adapts and learns
- Passion for coaching and developing managers into exceptional leaders
- Inspires and motivates toward new and stretch opportunities that are outside one’s comfort zone to evolve as a leader
What you can expect from us
We’re an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. We succeed together - across the desk and around the globe. We believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
With us, you’ll develop your strengths and enjoy a career full of varied experiences. We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.