We need a confident, qualified accountant to handle our company's accounting requirements. This job, which reports to the Managing Director, will suit someone with a hands-on, can-do approach to oversee the transition of accounting operations to more automated processes including the set-up of a Project Management system to be linked to our existing Xero accounting system.
Role & responsibilities:
- Manage the existing accounting operations.
- Research for approval then implement appropriate Project Management software as indicated above.
- Responsible for the quality, integrity and timeliness of all management/financial reports and analysis.
- Monitor and control the Company’s cash flows including rolling 3 months forecasts.
- Develop and implement monthly reporting to include both management accounts and Project summaries versus budgets/quotes.
- Manages payroll, leave and expenses systems to ensure information is accurate and always on time.
- Supervise, mentor and develop accounting and project accounting staff.
- Provide insights from financial perspectives to assist decision making.
- Drive annual financial and CAPEX budgeting, from planning to monitoring.
- Manage relationships with external professional parties/service providers, including auditors, bankers etc.
- Evaluate and improve financial control systems, policies and procedures from time to time in order to cope with the business needs of the company as it continues to expand, to ensure proper internal controls are in place, to enhance efficiency, and to mitigate financial risks.
- Ensure satisfactory completion of annual audit, tax, company secretarial and other regulatory or compliance requirements.
- Lead/assist in other projects from time to time.
- University degree holder obtained from a recognized institution.
- Qualified professional accountant (HKICPA, ACCA or equivalent).
- A minimum of 5 years relevant working experience/proven track record.
- Strong interpersonal & communications skills; comfortable to challenge others and provide feedback in a non-confrontational manner whilst at the same time maintaining a good team ethic and respect for colleagues.
- Commercially minded, hands-on, energetic, proactive, self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Well organised and able to work towards deadlines
- Good command of written and spoken English and Cantonese.
- High standard of integrity.
- Experience using Xero is required.
Interested parties please send your application letter together with detailed resume indicating job reference number, date of availability, latest and expected salary by clicking the APPLY NOW button.
Data collected will be for recruitment purposes only.